What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

I've got a sort of "head v heart" decision to make now re a new car.  Audi or Jag?  The first one will be more family friendly, the second one I'd struggle to get my brief case in.

I'm going for practicality (if my boss doesn't **** things up) with a E-class estate. What a massive car it is :)

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

I've got the convertible to test drive for the evening. The sound as you say is amazing.

whilst the convertible is very nice, I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't go for the coupé.

Its so much nicer (IMO of course)

I will be insanely jealous of you if you get one by the way.

• Like 1

I'm going for practicality (if my boss doesn't **** things up) with a E-class estate. What a massive car it is :)

The nice thing is, if it all goes wrong, you could live in it!

I get to drive one a couple of times a month due to a strange quirk with the local rental company not having many automatics in its pool, I'm sure you could get most other cars inside.

Convertibles are in my pet hate list ( driven by silver haired blokes with a jumper over the shoulders and sun glasses on the head with the roof down even though it's -36 outside ) so id say RS6 all the way

The sound of the Jag is incredible, I am lucky enough to have have driven one. One thing to consider though, there are a number of reports from the market that they are being traded in because they are just too loud.

193" long?

Midsize.

Dont bring your clown-shoe cars into this ;)

Edited by Tegis

RS6 - F Type

Friend of mine has an RS6 Avant and it's a fantastic car, but I think the F-Type Coupe is a little bit more special. I've driven both the V6 S and V8 and, rather unusually, preferred the sound and drive of the V6.

I was so tempted to get one to replace the old Porker, but the missus talked some sense into me (i.e. bollocked me). I then tried to convince her to get one for herself, but she wanted 4 seats and plumped for the RS5 instead. I'd still chose the F-Type over that though, but would go for the coupe.

Great car. I put a lot of miles on my E class (saloon mind you) and it's such a capable, every day car.

Good choice! 

Â