What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Took some pics as I'm deciding whether or not to sell my 10 year old Porsche, as it gets used less and less these days. 

Having said that, a big part of me just can't bear to see the old girl go, which probably means I'll end up keeping it out of sentiment. Still sounds great with the sports exhaust mind you...

IMG_20140317_152217_1.jpg

IMG_20140718_010230_3.jpg

10 years .. i don't even keep eternity rings that long 

sell it  ...

I know I should. I drive it about once a week now, and it will probably start going wrong soon so all logic says sell.

But... 

• Like 1

Stan, you have some nice cars, bro!

Thank you mate. I've always been passionate about cars and feel very fortunate to have owned some nice cars over the years.

Have to say that Mrs B's RS5 is a peach, and all down to her own hard work too.

Thinking about taking lessons in the near future. Feckin nervous just thinking about it ha

Don't be, as soon as you get into the car and master clutch control and drive off you will be fine. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's just about time to change my car, so thought I'd get an Audi.  Phoned Manchester Audi, and asked about an ex-demo they had on the website, but was told it had been sold weeks ago.  Then was told about another one coming in, but waited 2 days for a reply to my phone call.  Then was told that the manager would be driving it, so they didn't want to sell it.  Bollocks to them then, if their cars are as good as their customer service, I'll go elsewhere.

I think its individual dealers tbh

Reason I went from Jag to Audi was because Jag (Ascot ) were appalling and Audi (Guildford) were top notch when I went in

Still are tbh was in there today as my car had a minor fault on the boot ( kids fault ) that they put right under warranty

I'll maybe try another dealership, but I was monumentally pissed off.  The person I spoke made no effort to help whatsoever, which is strange considering I was practically begging them to take my money.

I've done the rounds of many audi dealers this year and in the main, their attitude sucks. They seem to give the impression that it's them who decide if you're good enough to buy from them. Your experience, Risso, sounds very similar to mine.

Still shelled out for one in the end though.

I was leaning towards another BM, but they're so monumentally shit in the winter that I'm not sure I can face going through another January driving over the mountain to work.

I wasn't impressed by the Audi dealership either. My gf also has an Audi and had to leave and come back with her dad because they basically weren't taking her seriously when she went on her own.

But I can't really talk. JLR dealers are awful

I wasn't impressed by the Audi dealership either. My gf also has an Audi and had to leave and come back with her dad because they basically weren't taking her seriously when she went on her own.

I found the service we got at Erdington Landrover was excellent, to be fair.  Shame about the overall quality of the car, but can't blame that on the dealership.  I'm going to try another Audi dealership, on the off chance that they might be better.

I found the service we got at Erdington Landrover was excellent, to be fair.  Shame about the overall quality of the car, but can't blame that on the dealership.  I'm going to try another Audi dealership, on the off chance that they might be better.

Don't bother with Ellesmere Audi then.

dealerships must be the weak link for so many car companies, they can come up with any amount of research and development and make great product, if the herbert in the showroom is a douche, then it all falls over

• Like 1

Â