What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Love a bit of advice. As I've mentioned before I had a new DMF and clutch put in to my Astra tdi 1.9

Now the engine as a diesel has always sounded like a tractor when idle but now sounds like shit when I drive it as well. The car still has decent power but really does sound like shit.

Any idea what it could be and how it could be linked to the job done? Or maybe I'm just paranoid and they all sound like shit but it's never bothered me before. Now I hate driving it.

Is ir RWD? If so, good luck in winter [emoji4]

Yet strangely the Germans, Italians, Austrians and Swiss appear to manage ok with driving them up and down the occasional Alp.

Mine* only ever came to a halt once, stuck behind a timid line of FWD drivers that didn't know what to do when we had a freakish 2 cm's of fluffy snow on half of the road.

But it is good fun, getting it all out of sorts on snow and ice and getting a feel for what happens and how to fix it. Every car driver should head for the nearest rugby field or golf course as soon as it snows and get a proper feel of how their car reacts.

Then go and get the proper tyres or snow socks (mine cost £30 and have lasted 4 years so far) so they can drive home safely.

* I say 'mine' like I've got an E Class estate too, no mine's an old C class estate, rear wheel drive and automatic - surely the worst ever car on snow? No, it's fine.

It would probably fit inside Tegis' car if he ever had to rescue one!

Is ir RWD? If so, good luck in winter [emoji4]

Yet strangely the Germans, Italians, Austrians and Swiss appear to manage ok with driving them up and down the occasional Alp.

Mine* only ever came to a halt once, stuck behind a timid line of FWD drivers that didn't know what to do when we had a freakish 2 cm's of fluffy snow on half of the road.

But it is good fun, getting it all out of sorts on snow and ice and getting a feel for what happens and how to fix it. Every car driver should head for the nearest rugby field or golf course as soon as it snows and get a proper feel of how their car reacts.

Then go and get the proper tyres or snow socks (mine cost £30 and have lasted 4 years so far) so they can drive home safely.

* I say 'mine' like I've got an E Class estate too, no mine's an old C class estate, rear wheel drive and automatic - surely the worst ever car on snow? No, it's fine.

It would probably fit inside Tegis' car if he ever had to rescue one!

My dad had a Merc (not sure which) as a courtesy car, beauty of a thing. He picked me up from a school on a snowy day, 2 people had to help us off the road as we couldn't even drive in a straight line!

Did you know you were buying an estate?

If so, why did you buy an estate?

I'm a swede, we invented the bloody estate ;)

It's nice change from driving Volvos and the practicality is great. My boy-racing days are long gone. A wide comfy seat is the main selling point

Number plates got nicked on friday, i got new ones but i'm just thinking about how best to put them on, anyone here have any experience of it? I'm thinking about avoiding screws since some numpty can just take them off again and the new plates are designed to shatter and thus become useless so i'm thinking some kind of glue?

Anyone ever done it? Want to get something that permanently gets it on there im not worried about ever having to get it off in future.

Number plates got nicked on friday, i got new ones but i'm just thinking about how best to put them on, anyone here have any experience of it? I'm thinking about avoiding screws since some numpty can just take them off again and the new plates are designed to shatter and thus become useless so i'm thinking some kind of glue?

Anyone ever done it? Want to get something that permanently gets it on there im not worried about ever having to get it off in future.

Now seems a perfect opportunity to steal the number plates of someone you dislike and go through as many speed cameras as you can find.

I fitted numberplate surrounds to my car (screw on) and then put the numberplate in the surround... using a hefty amount of Tiger Seal.

If you wanted my numberplates, you'd have to take the whole front bumper and boot lid :P

Plate1_zpsc9dab211.jpg

Plate2_zps08c263c3.jpg

• Like 1

Â