World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

18 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

So who do we think will this tournament?

I already have a few free bets used on Argentina, purely because there was no value on the others. 

Probably best chance for Argentina or Brazil in a while

• Like 1

It will be nice to have a Villa reason to cheer on Brazil, Argentina and Scotland (if they qualify), as they progress in this WC. I anticipate a tough group for us. Germany or Netherlands, Poland (isn't it always?) & Scotland/Wales/Ukraine perhaps?

Unbelievable decision to give the World Cup to Qatar, play it in the middle of the European season and for Beckham to be acting as an ambassador for the tournament (all of which shows that cash remains king in football, whatever the consequences). Only Russia's recent expression of interest in staging the 2028 Euros was more unlikely/ludicrous :rolleyes:

Who will win it? France (if they can get their act together), Brazil, Belgium and Argentina for me in that order. I wonder whether GS will be offered another contract extension if we fail to make the QF's though? 

• Like 1

The fact that its played in winter is the least of the issues with this tournament 

As for Beckham why is anybody surprised. Beckham only ever really cared about money, its why he retired to America at 31

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

So who do we think will win the tournament?

I already have a few free bets used on Argentina, purely because there was no value on the others. 

Never bet against Italy.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

The fact that its played in winter is the least of the issues with this tournament 

As for Beckham why is anybody surprised. Beckham only ever really cared about money, its why he retired to America at 31

They paid him £150m to promote the blood cup. This sports washing doesn't come cheap.

**** Qatar.

• Like 1

It all looks ok to be honest, there's a women talking and another one, I've seen some camels that all had genuine legs and humps, more women now, smiling, Jermaine frikin Jena's now lol, come on Gabby, where's Barry Fry, Samantha Johnson, a women talking, it's great, Qatar is ace 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Jermaine Jenus? Wow. They could have chosen anybody in the whole world...

I was just thinking the same.

It reminded me of a hilarious story he said which I saw about a week ago.

He was saying that when he was on England duty his level raised right up because the standard was so high. Then when he returned to Newcastle he’d initially be by far the best player at the club but because the other players weren’t as good as him his level would gradually drop back down. :lol: Who the hell does he think he is? :crylaugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â