World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I remember the last World Cup opening game and the 3 best friends having some banter 

Putin and Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Shake Hands After Russia Scores

Funny thing is me and my Dad were discussing who would host after 2026, I said that I’d think an African nation or European nation should be up next and he was pretty convinced that if Qatar were handed the World Cup then Saudi Arabia would be next up lol.

11 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Funny thing is me and my Dad were discussing who would host after 2026, I said that I’d think an African nation or European nation should be up next and he was pretty convinced that if Qatar were handed the World Cup then Saudi Arabia would be next up lol.

China would've probably been a lock at some point in the 2030s but think Xi has gone cold on sports investment for now given what they've invested in last decade and there isn't much to show for it.

Perhaps Asia getting double places for next tournaments will mean they start to regularly qualify so he might start showing some more interest as he's certainly not going anywhere.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And on here we have people moaning that it's done, the tournament is here, just enjoy it. **** that, they're going to do it again. Don't watch this shit.

if they get awarded the 2030 tournament there should be a serious protest. not a big enough fuss was kicked up about this one

Just now, tomav84 said:

When they get awarded the 2030 tournament there should be a serious protest. not a big enough fuss was kicked up about this one

FTFY

Tbf they might have to wait until 2032 or 2034

18 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it's not 'maybe' important. it is important. and you belittling it by calling it 'LGBTXYZ' shows why it's important. i hope they wear rainbow armbands and take the knee every **** game

the event was wrecked the day it was awarded to them. no one is excited about it. i'm yet to see a single england flag on a car and we kick off tomorrow.

I totally agree it shouldn't have gone to Qatar I'm with you there 100%, but it did. We cannot change the rules of a country by slagging it every moment we have. If you come to my house you don't smoke, if you want to smoke don't come, cause they are the rules. But you still come but don't shut up telling everyone how I told you I don't allow smoking in my house, it's hypocritical. 

I guess what I am trying to say is, if this England lot feel so strongly they should have boycotted it. It's not going down well slagging Qatar at every opportunity in there own country while reaping the benefits of being there. England seem to be the worst for it.

Edited by foreveryoung

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

Baby Blatter he is.

I think blatter was a man who somehow couldn't get caught whereas infantino is a man who by FIFAs own ethics policy and ethos is doing nothing wrong

Which tells you how bad FIFAs ethics policy and ethos is

Not breaking any rules, not doing anything illegal yet also not doing anything that any sane football fan wants to see

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think blatter was a man who somehow couldn't get caught whereas infantino is a man who by FIFAs own ethics policy and ethos is doing nothing wrong

Which tells you how bad FIFAs ethics policy and ethos is

Not breaking any rules, not doing anything illegal yet also not doing anything that any sane football fan wants to see

I get the impression Blatter was corrupt but he knew his limits but also he wanted the actual power more than the money. Others at FIFA took the money like Warner

Blatter also knew he could get away being corrupt if World Cups were going to South Africa, Germany or Russia as nobody would really dig further but Qatar would raise eyebrows

Edited by Zatman

31 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

WTF is this..... This is precisely why I can't take this shit seriously. The Brazilian contingent has one actual Brasilian national in it. 

England fans in full voice lol. 

It's certainly a different world cup this time round. 

I never thought I'd stick up for the Saudis but they do have some World Cup appearances and a much bigger population, plus being a joint bid with Greece and Egypt, two other passionate footballing nations.  It would at least have a bit of football merit unlike Qatar.  

Â