World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

16 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

well, looks like I won't be watching the group stages of the competition, not a single game of interest out of all of the groups

That's the spirit!

• Like 1

I wonder which team will be convinced to take a dive for Qatar and at least give them a point. I dont think a host has gone winless before, even South Africa won a game and think the only team not to qualify from the group

18 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

well, looks like I won't be watching the group stages of the competition, not a single game of interest out of all of the groups

Whut???? 

so France vs Denmark, Argentina vs Mexico/Poland, Spain vs Germany, Portugal vs Uruguay, Belgium vs Croatia and potentially England vs Wales/Scotland doesn’t interest you? 

The group stages are always chock full of filler fixtures but there’s always a couple of gems there. 

the Brazil group is pretty interesting as a whole. 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What are the UK kick off times? 

FIFA has confirmed the first two rounds of matches will kick-off at 1pm, 4pm, 7pm and 10pm local time (10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm in the United Kingdom).

Kick-off times in the final round of group games and knockout-round matches will be at 6pm and 10pm local time (3pm and 7pm UK time).

The final is scheduled to kick off at 6pm local time (3pm UK time)

Sky Sports

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Southgate has yet another easy group and yet will still play with 3 centre backs against them teams

Don't forget the pivot, spacer.png 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

So which is el gruppo del muerte? C or E? 

Probably C and thats not because of Saudi Arabia :P 

Most of the groups are pretty clear cut. The Brazil group is actually a tricky one though, Serbia and Cameroon are very unpredictable and Switzerland are just there

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

I'm waiting for Richard Osmans House of Games

A note on the footy, hopefully all the folks going will hold hands with each other.

They can't shoot everyone can they

Welcome the new World Cup 2022 mascot Aleksandar Tonev

Suffice to say, England won't be sweating any of their games too much. USA players and coaches will be very familiar with the England players and we will be up for it. But we have been really erratic in qualifying. That said, we can beat Iran and any of the 3 playoff contenders. My prediction is England wins the group, we also advance.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Wow...  The disrespect of the American team is real!  Can't wait for USA vs. Snoregate's tactics.  Should be a snoozefest for everyone with some last minute shithousing for a set piece goal.  

Oh this is nothing, in the close buildup it will be all Ted Lasso jokes

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Whut???? 

so France vs Denmark, Argentina vs Mexico/Poland, Spain vs Germany, Portugal vs Uruguay, Belgium vs Croatia and potentially England vs Wales/Scotland doesn’t interest you? 

The group stages are always chock full of filler fixtures but there’s always a couple of gems there. 

the Brazil group is pretty interesting as a whole. 

WCs are always hard to predict what will make an enjoyable game, sometimes two "bad" teams can make for an exciting game

Personally for me even when it's a boring game on paper I still play enough FM and previously PES/FIFA to enjoying looking out for certain wonderkids, whichever world cup it was I saw balanta play for Colombia I'd been buying him for the last 5 years on FM, its good to see some of these guys in the flesh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

We'll see you in the end zone

All we gotta do is dominate the 18 and score a PK in overtime. 

Edited by maqroll

Â