The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Great news. He's playing like a lazy reserve so he should be treated like one.

I don't usually agree with your post but imo you are bang on here.

He either buckles down or the club will cut him loose, no player is bigger than the club.

4 minutes ago, SeanO said:

I don't usually agree with your post but imo you are bang on here.

He either buckles down or the club will cut him loose, no player is bigger than the club.

Grealish isnt even fit to lace the boots of the guy who laces the boots of someone who can claim to be bigger than the club. He has potential but has had far more bad games than good for the club. There is no shame in a loss of form, there's no player ever in history who hadnt suffered from that but his attitude combined with the whole decision fiasco has inflated his ego. An ego he has no right to have.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 2

Good news I think.

Not just for the kick up the arse, but I don't think it helped last week having Grealish offering no protection to Richardson.

If we played someone like Ayew on that wing instead then I think Richardson would be less exposed.

• Like 3

The more I think about this, the more I think it's a good move by garde.

I think he needs to get the respect of the players. They may already respect him, but making an example of Grealish's behaviour should hammer that home.

It doesn't matter how bad we're doing, and how good you are (or think you are). If you misbehave, you get punished.

I acknowledge that there is a chance it could backfire, but I'd seriously question our players' attitudes if they got upset about this. They should use it as an example of how not to go about their business.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The more I think about this, the more I think it's a good move by garde.

I think he needs to get the respect of the players. They may already respect him, but making an example of Grealish's behaviour should hammer that home.

It doesn't matter how bad we're doing, and how good you are (or think you are). If you misbehave, you get punished.

I acknowledge that there is a chance it could backfire, but I'd seriously question our players' attitudes if they got upset about this. They should use it as an example of how not to go about their business.

I agree, plus, the younger he is, the more impact it'll have on him.

Much like Fergie going to a house party he knew Giggs, Nevilles' & Beckham were at and giving them a massive bollocking, then walking out again.

• Like 1

Gabby said Grealish bleeds claret and blue (or something like that) - that may be so but if he actually wants villa to do well then he needs to clean up his act and help the team stay up by being a pro. Anything less and I think he probably bleeds Jack Grealish before he bleeds claret and blue.

I think he's been bleeding more Jack Daniels these days.

Merson offering his amazing wisdom to help our young Jack! 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10079193/jack-grealish-receives-offer-of-help-from-paul-merson

Full article ^

Merson said on Sky Sports News HQ: "The lad needs to sit down with someone. I think he needs to sit down with someone who has been in that position. I'd like to sit down with him for an hour.

11 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Bet Garde is beginning to wonder exactly what he has taken on with this great club of ours.

If you take over a club at the bottom of the league you're going to encounter problems.  Having to discipline a wayward 20 year old (or a wayward anything-year-old for that matter) is the least a manager would expect to have to do during his tenure.  Let's not blow this into something it isn't.  It's a club in need of good management.  He will have known he was taking on a few bad defeats and a few internal issues when he came here.

Garde........."This is not the way you have to behave when you want to be a very good football player".

Simple as that Jack (and everyone who sees it as a fuss about nothing).

He either gets that (and already should) or he doesnt.

Yeah I can't see how he can blame Garde for his antics. He says George Graham would make him get on the coach and ruin his weekend. Times are different and Jack is responsible for his own actions. Anyway Remi says that he would only normally let players stay in a city after a game a couple of times a season. Sounds like Merson was at it every weekend. 

Wouldn't surprise me if allowing Grealish to hang around afterwards was a test by Garde.  Give someone enough rope to hang themselves with and see what they do with it.

• Like 1

This won't put the big teams off.  Every manager thinks "I can sort him out".  Look at Ravel Morrison ffs.  Still stealing a living.  Grealish is still very much on the milder side of that scale, not to mention age group.  If anything was to happen then I think it's more likely that the big teams will try and nick him for buttons off the back of this rather than be scared off by a night in a pub.

• Like 1

Â