Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Carphone Warehouse are going to release their pricing on the 6P tomorrow and if they offer enough of a saving I will be cancelling with Google and ordering from there instead.

Would be good to get some hands-on reviews although it is early days I suppose.

Had a software update for my xperia z3 this week.  Now NFC isn't working.  Why is it everytime a new update appears some functions stop working either partially or in this case completely? 

I'm trying out Keepass2Android which seems a bit quicker to use, you swap the keyboard and can then populate login boxes directly. With Keepassdroid you need to swap apps to c&p the username, swap back, then go back to copy the password? Any advantages of it that I should think about?

When you open the card it loads two notifications, one which copies the username to the clipboard and one which copies the password to the clipboard. You select the relevant notification and paste in the contents. It works for me. I'll take a look at the one you mention as I didn't know there was an alternative.

I use Keepass as I can open in any (well most) OSes.

I've been using PIA for a couple of years without complaint.

Competitive price, good speeds, and a huge number of servers in loads of different countries if you want to region hop for things like Netflix.

In Marshmallow you cannot swipe up to get to Google Now............strange decision.

Long press the home button now and you get a little Google icon which takes you to google now.

(if you don't press the google logo then it automatically googles stuff on your screen)

• 2 weeks later...
Â