The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I have said this multiple times he was not the right man for the job, he is not a tactician, we play the same way each game. and he does not know the premier league.  

Yes he is a nice guy and he presents himself with respect and dignity but those qualities were never going to ignite this team.  

Where do we go from here?  

The only thing we can do is go back to basics, A manager that knows the championship well and is a real fighter , keep some of our players as i do believe that some are very capable at performing in the championship. Look for some real grafters in the league below and play to their strengths. 

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If you view his results in a vacuum yeah. But frankly, that's ridiculous. Neither of those managers managed this set of players under these circumstances.

We were desperate for a bit of quality in January, a bit of support. He got nothing, zilch, nada. Poor bastard was hung out to dry by those vicious words removed. **** them and everything they've done to this magnificent football club. **** them. 

I don't disagree. He's come to the worst club in the league and is working for the worst owner in the league, I like him and I feel sorry for him. But that doesn't mean results don't matter, he doesn't get a long term job at this club because of sympathy, like everyone else he has to earn it. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I don't disagree. He's come to the worst club in the league and is working for the worst owner in the league, I like him and I feel sorry for him. But that doesn't mean results don't matter, he doesn't get a long term job at this club because of sympathy, like everyone else he has to earn it. 

How can we reasonably expect him to earn it managing this shower of useless, soft headed shite and working under the this particular "owner" and "board"?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

How can we reasonably expect him to earn it managing this shower of useless, soft headed shite and working under the this particular "owner" and "board"?

It's a tough one, I won't disagree. But I can't just have blind faith in him because I feel sorry for him. He can't be given the responsibility to get us back up just because he's a nice guy and he's been screwed over. We're not a charity (although we do tend to hand out charitable gifts to most teams) he has to show he's up for the task. He's done that in a few small moments but we need to see more. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's a tough one, I won't disagree. But I can't just have blind faith in him because I feel sorry for him. He can't be given the responsibility to get us back up just because he's a nice guy and he's been screwed over. We're not a charity (although we do tend to hand out charitable gifts to most teams) he has to show he's up for the task. He's done that in a few small moments but we need to see more. 

I don't have blind faith because I feel sorry for him. Other than that we seem to agree. My support is perhaps more open and defined because I bloody need something or someone to support. I couldn't give a shit about any of the players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't have blind faith because I feel sorry for him. Other than that we seem to agree. My support is perhaps more open and defined because I bloody need something or someone to support. I couldn't give a shit about any of the players. 

11 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I have said this multiple times he was not the right man for the job, he is not a tactician, we play the same way each game.

I said this earlier, he doesn't study the opposition...bet he had no idea the threat Sturridge and Coutinho would carry. 

Some might say he is a token arrogant Frenchman. 

It's fine being arrogant (TH14) but you've got to be good to back it up.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

For the first time in my villa supporting life, I don't just dislike our squad, I truly hate the majority of them. I'd love nothing more than Garde, a man I like, to be the man to get behind and bring back some enjoyment to supporting this club. But while I'd like that to happen I can't just get behind him with nothing to support it. There's been moments but not enough to be signing petitions and wanting him here next year regardless of results 

1 minute ago, supernova26 said:

I said this earlier, he doesn't study the opposition...bet he had no idea the threat Sturridge and Coutinho would carry. 

Some might say he is a token arrogant Frenchman. 

It's fine being arrogant (TH14) but you've got to be good to back it up.

They didn't have to carry any threat we handed them the goals ..tactics has nothing to do with Bacuna casually letting Coutinho cross and Lescott and Cissoko completely losing Sturridge in the box ! After that  we just fell apart neither of those 2 did anything special.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nabby said:

If he is 100% to go he should go now IMO no point dragging it out , and I like the guy but I just don't see point of prolonging things especially after a result today

He has said himself that he will be the last person to stop believing we can stay up, I hope he stays to the end of the season and achieves the impossible. Other than us, he is the only person who cares at the club. I shudder to think what Hollis and Lerner have in store for us.

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But if you agree that we are the worst team in the league, you must also agree that we are going to lose the vast majority of games, some, like today quite heavily. 

So how is the guy meant earn it? 

I know they say a bad tradesman always blames his tools (something he hasn't done to his credit) but this guy simply hasn't got any. He is genuinely pissing in the wind with lot, and my only surprise is that he has picked up any points at all. 

You browse through the threads in this section and, 

Bunn is the worst keeper in the PL

Richardson isn't a footballer

Clark, see Richardson

Gabby, see Richardson

Lescott has lost his legs

Westwood is league 1

Gastede is the worst CF to ever play for the club 

You then come into the Garde thread and he should be doing better. What do people expect from the bloke? 

We are bottom of the league for a reason, our squad is absolutely shite. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

But if you agree that we are the worst team in the league, you must also agree that we are going to lose the vast majority of games, some, like today quite heavily. 

I know they say a bad tradesman always blames his tools (something he hasn't done to his credit) but this guy simply hasn't got any. He is genuinely pissing in the wind with lot, and my only surprise is that he has picked up any points at all. 

Clark, see Richardson

Gabby, see Richardson

Westwood is league 1

You then come into the Garde thread and he should be doing better. What do people expect from the bloke? 

But then we might as well have stuck with Sherwood if we accept the squad is the worst in the league and it doesn't matter what the results are.

I don't disagree with your views on our team and there's no easy answer to how he earns it because we are terrible. But there has to be some level of expectation or we might as well just have any likeable guy as the manager for the next few years. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

for me he made a balls of it today, Liverpool were there for the taking if we had of attacked them. Their keeper and defence are wobbly yet Mignolet had nothing to do all day and Sakho and Toure looked like Maldini at the back. The defensive organisation in our team was even more shambolic

any good will he has earned in last few weeks has gone after an embarrassment like that

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

But then we might as well have stuck with Sherwood if we accept the squad is the worst in the league and it doesn't matter what the results are.

I don't disagree with your views on our team and there's no easy answer to how he earns it because we terrible. But there has to be some level of expectation or we might as well just have any likeable guy as the manager for the next few years. 

I wouldn't say results don't matter, but certainly the focus now is planning for next year in championship.

And that's where the manager does matter, the team needs completely rebuilding and it was obviously felt that Sherwood wasn't the right man for the job. Now I know there are plenty of people on here that don't think Remi is either, and I can't argue with that. But the expectation that he should have done better with this bunch of players, and no backing in Jan, is IMO harsh. 

I honestly couldn't see anyone getting a tune out of this lot. 

29 minutes ago, av1 said:

Clark, see Richardson

Gabby, see Richardson

Westwood is league 1

Absolutely spot on. Top post

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

for me he made a balls of it today, Liverpool were there for the taking if we had of attacked them. Their keeper and defence are wobbly yet Mignolet had nothing to do all day and Sakho and Toure looked like Maldini at the back. The defensive organisation in our team was even more shambolic

any good will he has earned in last few weeks has gone after an embarrassment like that

Attack them? Agbonlahor and Gil? How would that work?

Â