Manchester United

BOF

I'm sure there main sponsors will stick around at reduced prices, but man city and arsenal might be looking a better option for the tractor partnerships.

The other thing is they have a £200m wave bill already and hardly any of their players would get in another top 8 team. I think they will have a £100m bomb squad for the next 3 years.

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I’d be very surprised if men with genuine cases of asthma could compete at the very top level of such a gruelling sport (cycling).

It’s cheating.

Aye, but bringing it back to United... my point is he's clearly a clever, bend all the rules, get the best out of whatever you can, and get results kind of bloke. Maybe he needs more time or it only works in cycling...

or perhaps, and hopefully more likely, United are just rotten throughout and nothing and noone can save them

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Aye, but bringing it back to United... my point is he's clearly a clever, bend all the rules, get the best out of whatever you can, and get results kind of bloke. Maybe he needs more time or it only works in cycling...

or perhaps, and hopefully more likely, United are just rotten throughout and nothing and noone can save them

Might be the second, they are probably already exploiting everything to the n'th degree and have most of PGMOL absolutely tragic for them and are still largely terrible

3 hours ago, Genie said:

A prolonged period out of the CL will definitely cost them money. Their multi-year sponsorship deals will be ratcheted down if they are not playing in the big one for more than 1 year.

They've finished outside the CL places 5 of the last 10 seasons since Fergie retired, they might have a bad season or two but will end up having a good season at some point and getting back in it, which will be even easier now as there will always be the possibility of 5th getting a CL spot.  There worst season since Fergie is equaled to our best in the same period, excluding this season.  Their demise is overrated.

35 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No WFH now either. Radcliff wants everyone back in the office 101% efficent. Bet that's come from Braislford too, with his agreggated marginal gains. 🤣

I read the other day that they’ve also stripped right back the perks the staff used to get when the team got to a cup final. 1 ticket instead of 2, travel now £20 was free, some other stuff too like scrapping a meal and hotel rooms. It’s crazy to think that the total of what they save pissing off a few hundred loyal staff members is less than a week of what they pay Rashford who doesn’t give a shit.

They’ll be talking about the good old days under the Glazers before you know it.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

No WFH now either. Radcliff wants everyone back in the office 101% efficent. Bet that's come from Braislford too, with his agreggated marginal gains. 🤣

Some of the players have been WFH for way too long

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

7th in the league will be a European place once Man City win the FA Cup. No way are Man Utd falling down to 8th.

Also, they have long term fixed sponsorship.  A year out of Europe won’t make any difference to the money they earn if they didn’t have Europe for one season.

Chelsea three points off them now.

I could easily see them finishing 8th with the fixtures they have left. Palace and Arsenal should beat them based on current form and then Newcastle will be pretty happy to get a point as they have easier game.

Chelsea will finish above them if they end the season on 55-56 points as they still have four games left themselves.

If they kick off at Palace on Monday in 8th place (which is very much a possibility) then a defeat there would see an angry little eruption of hilarious proportions.

They'd have Arsenal and Newcastle to follow too. 

This could be lovely.

58 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This could be lovely.

and probably a nice bit of cup final humiliation to the local rivals to finish off the season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

If they kick off at Palace on Monday in 8th place (which is very much a possibility) then a defeat there would see an angry little eruption of hilarious proportions.

This could be lovely.

But then will sack Ten Hag. Need them maybe beat Palace and a brave fight against Arsenal and a draw against Newcastle

Plus Conference League be more humiliating than no Europe

Â