Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Did you watch the game yesterday? If you did you would know that we certainly did not do it fine, it was bloody awful and we were under pressure from our own kickouts every time it was pathetic

I watched the game perfectly fine, thanks for asking. You do know we have been passing it out from the back for a couple of games now and as I already said, yesterday we could have done with mixing it up with our distribution from the back. In general it has worked well especially with Okore and Clark who are relatively comfortable on the ball.

Do enlighten me though on how you think we should have gone about it?

Edited by sexbelowsound

Honestly don't understand. People complain when we hoof it and then when we start playing it out from the back they moan. Yesterday was uncommon circumstances and the only reason we fell under pressure was because they could sacrifice the extra man to close us down. I agree that in some cases we should have gone long but Benteke isn't exactly at his best at the moment and his hold up play isn't the best either. Add into that Guzan's poor distribution and its a difficult situation.

You make good points, but yesterday was a day to hoof. When you go a man down you don't play deep from the back like we did. In the end we quite often (tried to) hoof it anyway. So we only took risk with no purpose.

You make good points, but yesterday was a day to hoof. When you go a man down you don't play deep from the back like we did. In the end we quite often (tried to) hoof it anyway. So we only took risk with no purpose.

I agree to some extent, I think we could have done both. Like I said, Benteke wasn't really on it so hoofing with the intention of hitting him was almost as pointless as risking playing it out from the back.

• Like 2

I agree to some extent, I think we could have done both. Like I said, Benteke wasn't really on it so hoofing with the intention of hitting him was almost as pointless as risking playing it out from the back.

Except for the added risk ;)

• Like 1

Yesterday they could have done with mixing it up but lets be honest, when we hoof it it usually comes straight back at us. Was the right tactic yesterday and a positive sign. We passed it around much better and that needs to start with the keeper. The only team I have seen that could get away with going long and then passing it around neatly in the final third is Dortmund.

Fail to see how it was a positive, we dont have the players to be passing it around from the kick out never mind with 10men

Guzan kicks it short. "We don't have the players to pass the ball."

Guzan kicks it long. "Long ball merchant, how about we get it on the deck."

I am all for playing out from the back, they are professional footballers so I am sure they will be able to adapt.

• Like 4

I remember a couple of his first appearances for us, and he would not catch anything.He punched clear every time and caused us a few problems. Now he never looks like he is going to drop a cross, and even holds on to ones which defy the laws of physics. Best Villa keeper I've ever seen.

• Like 4

I remember a couple of his first appearances for us, and he would not catch anything.He punched clear every time and caused us a few problems. Now he never looks like he is going to drop a cross, and even holds on to ones which defy the laws of physics. Best Villa keeper I've ever seen.

I actually agree, so much so that I'm sometimes not even worried when corners or free-kicks come into our box because Guzan's just going to pluck it out of the air.

Â