Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Whenever I see this thread get bumped, I always get scared that it means he is leaving. 

Strangely, he's probably the player I feel most confident about staying at Villa.

Edit:  I hope that's not a jinx :o

Edited by bobzy

He's saying what every other player would have said.

Not for us, for any team.

Any time a manager is facing a bit of stick, stories like this come out.

Nothing really to worry about. He's hardly going to come out and tell the world that his boss is shit is he?

I know that and said as much. But it puts me off him when he's done that now for the owner and the manager.

"He's done that now"

He didn't call a press conference or release a statement.

It was an interview. he was probably asked the question directly. He gave a tinned answer that anyone would have given unless they wanted the sack. Even not commenting would be taken negatively.

PLayers really don't have a chance with attitudes like this do they?

What would you have liked him to say?

Its not just defending the manager he also did the same thing for the owner. The fact he's now said it for both has put me off him. Not the fact he's just defended the manager.

I don't like the same player telling fans they shouldn't be criticising the two clear issues at the club.

Guzan defends his manager. Like every other bloody player would do in this situation.

And that puts you off him? Madness.

Come on now. You know the rule. Unless you are anti-Lambert you are out of your mind.

Hilarious as usual.

Its not just defending the manager he also did the same thing for the owner. The fact he's now said it for both has put me off him. Not the fact he's just defended the manager.

I don't like the same player telling fans they shouldn't be criticising the two clear issues at the club.

Guzan defends his manager. Like every other bloody player would do in this situation.

Come on now. You know the rule. Unless you are anti-Lambert you are out of your mind.

Hilarious as usual.

I do try  :P

Its a difficult one for him. No other players have come out and told fans they shouldn't be criticising the owner or manager so I think he could have avoided.

Joe Cole has.

And Vlaar

Hilarious as usual.

Seriously? Player comes out in support of club and manager shocker!!!

Come on!

• Like 1

You're struggling here aren't you?

What would you rather he have said?

Not at all. Why has no other player said it then if there's nothing they can do?

Funny how every single other player has managed to avoid telling us we're wrong to criticise the owner and manager.

Its a difficult one for him. No other players have come out and told fans they shouldn't be criticising the owner or manager so I think he could have avoided.

Joe Cole has.

And Vlaar

They've both said we can't be critical of the owner as well?

You're struggling here aren't you?

Not at all. Why has no other player said it then if there's nothing they can do?

Funny how every single other player has managed to avoid telling us we're wrong to criticise the owner and manager.

Other players have defended the manager.

Love him as a player but going off him as a person. As a senior player he obviously feels the need to do this but that's now Lambert and Lerner he's basically said shouldn't be criticised. So what's the problem then Brad? If the owner and manager are doing a good job why have we been so bad for so long?

His whole defence of Lambert seems to be that a manager doesn't really do much.

You know he was most likely trotted out to the media department to say that right? Whether it's his opinion or not it was likely just his turn Edited by P3te

You seem to be ignoring something. Probably on purpose so you can continue to try and mock my post. Well done.

Guzan has gone down in my estimation because he's come out and told us fans that we shouldn't criticise the manager AND the owner. Not just because he defended Lambert.

If you want to pick your own argument to post such witty responses then so be it. But read what I put.

Love him as a player but going off him as a person. As a senior player he obviously feels the need to do this but that's now Lambert and Lerner he's basically said shouldn't be criticised. So what's the problem then Brad? If the owner and manager are doing a good job why have we been so bad for so long?

His whole defence of Lambert seems to be that a manager doesn't really do much.

You know he was most likely trotted out to the media department to say that right? Whether it's his opinion or not it was likely just his turn

Maybe. But like I said after telling us we can't criticise the owner last year and now this now he's gone down in my books. Superb player though.

You seem to be ignoring something. Probably on purpose so you can continue to try and mock my post. Well done.

Guzan has gone down in my estimation because he's come out and told us fans that we shouldn't criticise the manager AND the owner. Not just because he defended Lambert.

If you want to pick your own argument to post such witty responses then so be it. But read what I put.

I just want to know what you would have preferred him to say.

I don't care about the owner. This was about the manager. Several other players have also defended the manager, so your answer of "no other players have said it" doesn't work.

So you've admitted it's difficult for Guzan, you've been asked 5 times to give an alternative that he could have said and you still can't come up with anything.

So what was Brad meant to do when asked the question? 

It's almost as if you're being negative for the sake of it...

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Â