Brad Guzan

R.Bear

I remember a couple of his first appearances for us, and he would not catch anything.He punched clear every time and caused us a few problems. Now he never looks like he is going to drop a cross, and even holds on to ones which defy the laws of physics. Best Villa keeper I've ever seen.

The Blackburn game was a nightmare but credit to him he went and worked on it and now you never see him bullied or flapping at crosses

The blackburn game was one of the worst performances I had saw at VP. It wasn't just letting in soft goals, it was everything. He was flapping at everything, his kicking was awful, he was absolutely all over the shop. He had looked very capable up until then as understufy and possible future No.1,  but after that game I thought there was no way he had a future in the Prem. It was that bad.

I think he is the best goalkeeper I have seen in my lifetime, I only briefly remember Bosnich.

• 3 weeks later...

Brad Guzan has defended under-fire Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert and urged frustrated fans to blame the players.

The travelling supporters called for Lambert's head for the second straight game as they lost 1-0 at Leicester on Saturday.

Villa have won just twice in 17 Premier League games and sit three points above the drop zone following Paul Konchesky's winner.

They are the lowest scorers in the top four divisions with just 11 goals in 21 games. Lambert is under increasing pressure, but Guzan insists it is not all his fault.

"When you go through difficult times everyone has got to take their criticism," the goalkeeper said. "The manager has been brilliant in defending us but we are the ones who have to score goals.

"He can't go and score for us, the assistant manager can't score for us, the goalkeeping coach can't score for us.

"Us as players have to take responsibility and I know the fans are unhappy, we hear them during the game, but they need to realise it's a difficult moment and we need to stick together.Regardless if they are unhappy with the manager or situation, we need to stick together because it's about the club.

"It's our job to defend, save shots, score, tackle, head pass - it's our job."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9641955/premier-league-brad-guzan-says-aston-villas-players-are-to-blame-for-their-poor-form-not-paul-lambert

Edited by sexbelowsound

Love him as a player but going off him as a person. As a senior player he obviously feels the need to do this but that's now Lambert and Lerner he's basically said shouldn't be criticised. So what's the problem then Brad? If the owner and manager are doing a good job why have we been so bad for so long?

His whole defence of Lambert seems to be that a manager doesn't really do much.

He's saying what every other player would have said.

Not for us, for any team.

Any time a manager is facing a bit of stick, stories like this come out.

Nothing really to worry about. He's hardly going to come out and tell the world that his boss is shit is he?

Completely agree.

Love him as a player but going off him as a person. As a senior player he obviously feels the need to do this but that's now Lambert and Lerner he's basically said shouldn't be criticised. So what's the problem then Brad? If the owner and manager are doing a good job why have we been so bad for so long?

Not much grey in your world really, is there? :o

He's saying what every other player would have said.

Not for us, for any team.

Any time a manager is facing a bit of stick, stories like this come out.

Nothing really to worry about. He's hardly going to come out and tell the world that his boss is shit is he?

I know that and said as much. But it puts me off him when he's done that now for the owner and the manager.

For some things there is for others there's not. I'll put my opinion out there rather than be like yourself and say I don't mind if he goes but have a go at anyone who wants him to go.

Which isn't true; but we've been over this many, many times now :D

I don't see any problem at all with what Guzan has said publically.  I'm amazed there's even a fuss being made over it.

For some things there is for others there's not. I'll put my opinion out there rather than be like yourself and say I don't mind if he goes but have a go at anyone who wants him to go.

That's because you're a forum frequenting football fan.

If you were a professional player with hundreds of thousands of people interested in what you said on a daily basis you'd take a different approach, I can 100% guarantee that.

• Like 1

Have you thought that maybe, and this might sound crazy, the players are partly responsible? Please don't tell me you think they aren't responsible for what they do on the pitch.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

Have you thought that maybe, and this might so crazy, that the players are partly responsible? Please don't tell me you think they aren't responsible for what they do on the pitch.

All down to Lambert's coaching.  100%.

Have you thought that maybe, and this might so crazy, that the players are partly responsible? Please don't tell me you think they aren't responsible for what they do on the pitch.

All down to Lambert's coaching.  100%.

The useless shite!  ;)

Have you thought that maybe, and this might so crazy, the players are partly responsible? Please don't tell me you think they aren't responsible for what they do on the pitch.

Of course, although currently the issues are far more because of the manager.

I don't see any problem at all with what Guzan has said publically. I'm amazed there's even a fuss being made over it.

Have we. Must have missed it between you having a go at fans while saying you're not bothered if it happens.

I don't see any problem at all with what Guzan has said publically. I'm amazed there's even a fuss being made over it.

Have we. Must have missed it between you having a go at fans while saying you're not bothered if it happens.

You were probably too busy posting "Lambert out", "Lambert is shit" et al in every single thread on the board (for example, see this one.  Topic: Brad Guzan).  I don't blame you for missing it, don't worry :)

Â