What is Your Body Mass Index?

maqroll

I'm definitely overweight, so I can't complain too loudly, but I don't pay too much attention to my BMI as in order to be at a 'healthy' BMI I'd need to lose 20 lbs, which will leave me looking like a cancer patient (done it before, I looked ILL).

25.5 what a load of utter bullshit. Apparently I'm overweight and could do with exercising more. I run 5 miles a night, play football twice a week and cycle 20 miles to work and back now and again.

25.5 what a load of utter bullshit. Apparently I'm overweight and could do with exercising more. I run 5 miles a night, play football twice a week and cycle 20 miles to work and back now and again.

That's for people whose physiques are average.

Given the amount of exercise you get, I'm guessing you have more muscle than the average person, and muscle is heavier than fat.

BMI seems like such utter horse shit.  Mine is currently about 25.5 - 26.  I've got down to this from 33, which was understandably in the wrong region, but considering how much I swim, cycle and run, I can't see myself getting below the elusive 25 any time soon.  There's not a lot of fat on me, so I don't know where I'm supposed to lose approximately one stone from...

DSC_0124_zpsd7043645.jpg

BMI is a load of bollocks.

Very much This.

You two got a high score, didn't you? ;)

ha ha.

Not done it yet, but at 6 foot 1 and roughly 14 stone I'm probably borderline ... it's nonsense though. Mike Tyson was 5 foot 11 and weighed about 15 and a half stone at his peak. They'd have had him down as obsese!!

Â