Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard

Zatman

Gerrard is a tactical liability..

Not sure what your basing this on. He has been brilliant for his only club. If your referring to england I'd suggest the ineptitude

Of our national managers.

Gerrard could never play in a 2 man midfield. Look at 1st half in Istanbul will tell you he was a liability. Benitez played him on right in 442 then played him behind Torres when they had Mascherano and Alonso to protect him

• Like 1

Scholes is probably the best of the 3, but Scholes and Lampard have always had much better player's around them which helps. Gerrard has carried average Liverpool sides over the years.

Some would argue that cream rises to the top. Funny how Scholes had the best players around him... ;)

Gerrard could of gone to Chelsea and Fergie admitted trying to sign him on 3 separate occasions but Gerrard chose to stay loyal to Liverpool, his home city club. Infact I remember him actually agreeing to join Chelsea, and then 24 hours later changing his mind. As for selectively mentioning Xabi Alonso and Mascherano, how about I throw you in a dozen Liverpool players over the years who were very average.

Edited by Voinjama

Gerrard is the best for me; The most complete midfielder!

Scholes and Lampard are better attackers but for everything else Gerrard edges it.

As for the poster who called him a 'tactical liability'.... please!

Gerrard could of gone to Chelsea and Fergie admitted trying to sign him on 3 separate occasions but Gerrard chose to stay loyal to Liverpool, his home city club. Infact I remember him actually agreeing to join Chelsea, and then 24 hours later changing his mind. As for selectively mentioning Xabi Alonso and Mascherano, how about I throw you in a dozen Liverpool players over the years who were very average.

If this was in response to me, I wasn't being entirely serious with my last post, hence the wink.

Gerrard is a tactical liability..

Yep, a great player but Benitez was the one who controlled him by never using him in a 2 man midfield. He's too selfish to play in a tactically disciplined way in that role.

Scholes could have played with Gerrard and a defensive midfielder to make a great England midfield but it was always about 442 for too long.

• Like 1

steven gerrard showed the same "loyalty" that rooney did when city came sniffing, and john terry, and frank lampard with barca

liverpool offering him an extra £60k a week had nothing to do with it at all...

Scouse bias. Scholes is or was the best footballer out of the three. As Neville said he could control the tempo of a game. The other two cant. Lampard has a great goalscoring record. Gerrard won Liverpool the champions league, but neither are great international player in my view.

Scouse bias. Scholes is or was the best footballer out of the three. As Neville said he could control the tempo of a game. The other two cant. Lampard has a great goalscoring record. Gerrard won Liverpool the champions league, but neither are great international player in my view.

Gerrard was England's best player at 2 world cup's and a Euro. Gerrard has been great on the international stage.

Scholes 

Lampard

Gerrard

I think Lampard was more important to Chelsea than Gerrard was to Liverpool during Mourinho's first spell.  Their team was built around goals from midfield and Frank Lampard was the lynchpin.   As for Paul Scholes?  Best English footballer of his generation.  

Â