Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard

Zatman

Scouse bias. Scholes is or was the best footballer out of the three. As Neville said he could control the tempo of a game. The other two cant. Lampard has a great goalscoring record. Gerrard won Liverpool the champions league, but neither are great international player in my view.

Gerrard was England's best player at 2 world cup's and a Euro. Gerrard has been great on the international stage.

Its a matter of opinion I don't think he has. He was the best of a very poor lot at the last euros

Edited by PaulC

It should also be noted that both Gerrard and Lampard are monumental words removed whereas Scholes isn't.

What have those 2 done that is so bad?

It's my understanding (as well as others) that Gerrard is a criminal, so that's why he's a word removed.

Personally I'd say Lampard.

Gerrard could of gone to Chelsea and Fergie admitted trying to sign him on 3 separate occasions but Gerrard chose to stay loyal to Liverpool, his home city club. Infact I remember him actually agreeing to join Chelsea, and then 24 hours later changing his mind. As for selectively mentioning Xabi Alonso and Mascherano, how about I throw you in a dozen Liverpool players over the years who were very average.

steven gerrard showed the same "loyalty" that rooney did when city came sniffing, and john terry, and frank lampard with barca

liverpool offering him an extra £60k a week had nothing to do with it at all...

I believe Gerrard stayed at Liverpool for serious reasons , though not sure if we are allowed to repeat them or how true they are

On the subject itself one of the best performance I've seen from a player was Gerrard at Villa Park , he was that good that when he took a corner I half expected him to then be on the end of it and header it in the back of the net

As for who is the best , well all 3 have been fantastic for their clubs but id probably go with Gerrard

Â