Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard

Zatman

come on, the PFA voted Ryan Giggs player of season after he played about 2 good league games

The PFA voted Ryan Giggs player of the season because they assumed he was going to retire.

• 5 months later...

PFA Team of the Year

Gerrard - 8 (2000-01, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2013-14)

Lampard - 3 (2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06)

Scholes - 2 (2002-03 & 2006-07)

No contest.

Edited by TRS-T

I'm sure Scholes is on the phone begging to swap Gerrard's 8 PFA Team of the Year appearances for his 11 PL titles, 3 FA Cups and 2 Champions Leagues.

Gerrard might have had a title medal this year if some dickhead midfielder hadn't lost the ball twice directly before Chelsea scored today...

• Like 4

Inter Milan chairman Massimo Moratti:

We tried really hard to buy Paul Scholes. We gave Manchester United a blank cheque, we talked to him, his reply was short and simple. "If you want me to play for you, you'd have to buy this club." One of a kind. He didn't even have an agent, so it was hard enough.

Cristiano Ronaldo on Scholes:

"When we were in training, I used to do alot of tricks which hardly any of the players at the club could do. Once I was showing my skills to Scholes. After I finished, Scholes took a ball & pointed towards a tree which was 50m from where we were standing. He said 'I'm going to hit it in one shot'. He kicked and hit the tree. He asked me to do the same. I kicked about 10 times, but couldn't hit it with accuracy. He smiled and left."

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 2

Scholes was on another level but England used to play him out on the left wing until he retired from international football out if frustration.

I wonder what would happened if England managers had built the side around him.

Gerrard > Scholes > Lampard for me.

People lauding Scholes because Zidane said he was the best... Zidane has said similar about Gerrard as well. Different players, both excellent, but Gerrard takes it for me. Lampard is a great goalscoring midfielder but a fair way behind the other two IMO.

I would personally say Lampard. Not only a fantastic player, but he shows up in the big games and for a midfielder his scoring record is something out of a video game. I think it's very close between he and Scholes though. Gerrard's a step down.

Â