Your three best & three worst sources of football news, stats, and/or commentary

Marka Ragnos

Was going to do this as a poll, but there are so many possibilities, and so many different ways of interacting with media, it seemed wiser to start with a very, very open-ended question.  

Help this ignorant Yank out and tell him where to go for the most trustworthy football news (for any league(s) you choose) -- and who to steer clear of. Right now I depend a lot on BBC's daily FiveLive podcast, as well as BBC's main footy website. For breaking news, I also tend to check that site. I like to read the match reports in the Guardian although I suspect they probably aren't considered very credible.

I'd really like to hear where YOU look for news -- and what you avoid.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

whoscored.com

guardian.co.uk//football   (and make sure you get the Football Weekly podcast)

footballfilter.com

Edited by The_Rev

Football365.com isn't bad. The Football weekly podcast is excellent and if your Irish then the second captains podcast on the Irish times website is very good.

THe worst source has to be the sunday supplement on Sky. 4 Fat crap journo's with ego's the size of a small nation talking absolute nonsense about football.

Edited by villa89

guardian.co.uk//football   (and make sure you get the Football Weekly podcast)

Definitely plan to check that out. 

Thanks everyone for all suggestions. Any other strong opinions?

They must know that you are about to tune in.  The Costa Rica vs USA game gets a bit of attention on todays episode. (link) 

Football365.com isn't bad. The Football weekly podcast is excellent and if your Irish then the second captains podcast on the Irish times website is very good.

THe worst source has to be the sunday supplement on Sky. 4 Fat crap journo's with ego's the size of a small nation talking absolute nonsense about football.

They also seem to try and stick up for each other's bullshit. Patting each other o nthe back "yeah you know your stuff about that club, and you're well in the know, so i beleive that story". Same old journos i suppose, wouldn't expect much else. No surprise hardly anyone buys a paper nowadays.

Â