Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

Proper game that. Loved it. 

Was pretty sure Ireland would win that after SA only took 3 points from the early battering. 

They’re absolute class and just know how to beat everyone. That’s despite a good 2/3 of their team having the faces of blokes twice their actual age who smoke 40 a day.

• Haha 2

You can have great skill, great strength, but what wins you a World cup is the right mentality, and Ireland most certainly have that. I mentioned in a previous comment how they remind me so much of the England of 03. The commitment and focus with self- belief in every single player. What a job Farrell has done in creating a team with such force.  

I haven't looked at the permutations, but nothing would please me more, as a spectacle, than a France v Ireland final. 

I said from the beginning the boys in Green and I've seen nothing that makes me question that prediction. Although, it's very dangerous to write off the All Blacks. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

A better kicker and SA win that to be fair.

But a huge marker laid down for Ireland 😍

A better line - out strategy from Ireland and they maybe could have created the momentum for more tries. It's a compliment to Ireland that they could have been even better. 

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

You can have great skill, great strength, but what wins you a World cup is the right mentality, and Ireland most certainly have that. I mentioned in a previous comment how they remind me so much of the England of 03. The commitment and focus with self- belief in every single player. What a job Farrell has done in creating a team with such force.  

I haven't looked at the permutations, but nothing would please me more, as a spectacle, than a France v Ireland final. 

I said from the beginning the boys in Green and I've seen nothing that makes me question that prediction. Although, it's very dangerous to write off the All Blacks. 

Yeah there is this steeliness to the side. Adversity is constantly overcome. To have won 27 of the last 29 test matches (and those two losses were away to France and New Zealand) and now won the last 16 tests in a row, beating all test nations sides in that run including NZ twice in New Zealand and now South Africa twice. 

It does look like the winner of SA vs France will face Ireland in the final. But as we see in every RWC there are surprises along the way. If any team are capable of pulling out some magical performance it's New Zealand so that's going to be a huge game. I do think the fact Ireland have won 4 of last 6 meetings with the last two of those being the series win last summer. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Been thinking about potential national bangers for tonight’s winners. 

Reckon I’m being a bit optimistic hoping for Juxtaposed With U if Wales win. As long as it’s nothing by the **** Stereophonics. 

Wow Jones is actively sabotaging teams. Australia an absolute mess, putting it mildly. He’s completely **** two teams for this World Cup. The horrible little word removed must be up there as the worst active top level coach in any sport.

**** Stereophonics though 😡

• Like 4

Â