Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

7 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I'm just not confident with England at the minute, I can see us going in to the France game with only 1 win, although I'd expect us to beat Wales tonight.

I think we’re in a much better place than this time last year. Finally EJ is leaving out his favourites for players in form. 

I always find it weird when it's mentioned that Martin Johnson played for the All Blacks U21s. Of course they'd pick him if he was in NZ at the time, but he just seems so symbolically English I can't imagine him in another shirt.

Edit - and that's a decent start to the 2nd half for France!

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Disaster of a line out 😬

I thought it was quite well worked to create the opportunity :D

This performance has very much eased my pessimism about this team so far. Though it's helped by Wales reverting back to the side that came in to the tournament rather than the one that beat Scotland.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I thought it was quite well worked to create the opportunity :D

This performance has very much eased my pessimism about this team so far. Though it's helped by Wales reverting back to the side that came in to the tournament rather than the one that beat Scotland.

Typical that it's been all Wales since I posted this 🙄

Just an absolutely shit game of rugby qualify-wise. Two crap teams.

Wales looking much better with the ball in hand (and in general) than England and probably deserve to win. 

Watching it in a bar in Cardiff with the most subdued atmosphere I can remember in 15 years. 

The Ireland v Italy game descends into farce after their replacement hooker gets a red card (after their starter went off injured) thus uncontested scrums and Italy outnumbered in defence. 

Ireland should score off any attacking scrum and post over 60pts 

Shame it has spoilt the contest 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2022 at 14:53, theboyangel said:

I think we’re in a much better place than this time last year. Finally EJ is leaving out his favourites for players in form. 

He still has some favourites, we’d still be seeing Farrell if not injured and I’m not sure how Daly keeps getting picked. 

Forwards England have a decent pack who I think can compete with most, although we need to get a consistent partner for Maro in the second row.
The back line still needs work though.  We’ve been reliant on Manu for far too long despite the fact that he misses so many games. On his day yes he’s unplayable but those days are far to irregular to build a team around. I can’t believe that there isn’t a good 12 playing anywhere in England. 
Malins is a talent, but we’re not seeing the best out of him for England and Nowell is there for defence only as offers little in attack. I think we’ll see big Joe Cokanasinga back in soon as he’s back for now. Him coming off the wing would add a different dimension to the team and could some of what Manu brings. 

(I was very drunk watching the Villa game, so only saw from 35 mins onwards on sat):

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â