Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

Just finished watching the Ireland v NZ match

• Neither side deserved to go out in the quarters
  • ABs were outstanding, that Jordan try off 1st phase ball from 60m was deserving of being the match winner
  • 6 tries - 1 penalty try and 5 scored by New Zealanders
  • Comparisons of this Ireland team to the England 03 team are way off, they fall short of the England 15-19 team imo
  • Wayne Barnes was excellent, he will probably be the best performing Englishman this weekend
  • Sam Whitelock looks like he is in his 50s

14 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

Wayne Barnes was excellent, he will probably be the best performing Englishman this weekend

Many Kiwis hate him from games in the past. I thought he was excellent. Only issue I had with officiating was TMO not checking first ABs try it seemed as thought last pass was forward and even a NZ news site mentioned it

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Many Kiwis hate him from games in the past. I thought he was excellent. Only issue I had with officiating was TMO not checking first ABs try it seemed as thought last pass was forward and even a NZ news site mentioned it

Yeah, he's your version of Steve Walsh😁

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Was really hoping Ireland would get over the line. Couldn't lose as supporter of both teams but wanted Ireland to go all the way. Thought both teams made too many errors and wouldn't win final based on performance in this game. Obviously All Blacks all the way for me now but think it's France's WC Toulouse 

I get a sneaky feeling you may be right, no one has really been vocal about their capabilities, which is probably to their advantage. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team as good at the breakdown as NZ yesterday. That’s where they won the game. Their defence in general was great, but specifically breaking up Ireland’s possession at the breakdown was out of this world

our discipline has been **** shocking for ages and tom curry has form too

compared to the ireland vs NZ game yesterday it's actually embarassing. at least when we play a decent team they'll just kick a shitload of pens against us so the scoreline won't be as embarassing

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Ireland probably won't ever have a better chance to win a 🌎 cup in my lifetime and they blew it. Poor at set pieces and couldn't take advantage when New Zealand were down to 14 men twice. 

A lot of errors. Thought they looked nervous. The occasion and expectations maybe got to them 

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

One of the South Africa tries Vs Ireland was very clearly a forward pass as well. Nobody even mentioned it (that I saw anyway)

Â