villarule123

56 members have voted

1. 1. Xbox One or PS4

• Xbox One
    • PS4
    • Undecided
    • Both on release day

Why would you get the camera?

If I got the PS4 I wouldn't buy the camera. Not including it wouldn't make the comparison fair.

It's 'fair' until MS release a Kinect - less XBONE

If I got the PS4 I wouldn't buy the camera. Not including it wouldn't make the comparison fair.

Why?

Microsoft have made the choice to add the Kinect to the basic package, therefore you can't add a camera for the PS4 when comparing basic packages.

If anything it's a negative for the XBONE imo as I have to pay an extra £60 for something I don't want. I think Microsoft will lose some of the "on the fence", like myself, as the PS4 is cheaper and doesn't give you something you don't want.

I see what your saying but I have no problem with the kinect being included. It encourages developers to support it. Even taking the camera out of the equation. The PS4 with 2 games would cost around £430 the same as I've paid for the Xbox with kinect.

Looking at what the PSN offers in terms of free games and xbox's latest laughable sale (where you can pick up Black Ops 1 for a 'sale price' of £27) it should be a no brainer.

That said, I'll wait until the price drops below £200 before diving in. I reckon it will only take 18 months or so.

Why?

Microsoft have made the choice to add the Kinect to the basic package, therefore you can't add a camera for the PS4 when comparing basic packages.

If anything it's a negative for the XBONE imo as I have to pay an extra £60 for something I don't want. I think Microsoft will lose some of the "on the fence", like myself, as the PS4 is cheaper and doesn't give you something you don't want.

I see what your saying but I have no problem with the kinect being included. It encourages developers to support it. Even taking the camera out of the equation. The PS4 with 2 games would cost around £430 the same as I've paid for the Xbox with kinect.

I personally won't use Kinnect, but there's a few family events throughout the year where it's been used by the rest of the family and they've found it great fun, so it being included doesn't bother me. Just gives us something to do with everyone on Boxing Day and the like for a laugh.

I think if people dont trust Xbox or whatever that's more tan fair enough as a reason not to get it. Sony **** me off with the PS3 and their online multiplayer was absolutely laughable. I got the PS3 eventually, but I doubt the same will happen with the PS4 unless it has a massive comedown in price.

I was looking at Reddit the other day and apparently the Kinect for the Xbone cost the same amount for M$ to build as the console itself. They have the impression that once people actually get their hands on the new Kinect they will realise the potential of it. As far as i'm concerned.... it will be great for "family" gaming. But for the hardcore gamer, will it really offer much? I'm not sure.

Surely they are taping into the casual market which Nintendo had for a while? I'm struggling to think how they can adopt the kinect into standard games? 

I'd imagine they want the family market but I expect the Wii U to have a sales surge come Xmas, Nintendo are bringing down the price of the console and their top titles too, could make it difficult for MS.

Also, I know it sounds daft, but I think Minecraft is going to swing them an extra few million console sales on its own.

Edited by samjp26

Minecraft is going to be on the PS4 as well, so it'll split alright.

Still don't see any use for the Kinect besides family games. Too expensive a product for the return.

Yup I think the Wii U will do well with a cheaper price tag.

Didn't know about Minecraft heading for PS4, very important deal for Sony in my opinion.

The Wii U will see a slight sales jump, post price drop, but thats it. It won't have much effect on the sales of the new generation consoles.

The Wii U has largely failed, I think even Nintendo know it. There is still a fundamental issue with marketing the thing, people still think it's an add on for the Wii they bought 6 years ago and used one Christmas and then used as a convenient place to store dust.

Think I'm cancelling my XB1 pre order later. The only 2 exclusive Xbox games I like are Forza and Halo, it'll be weird after having a 360 for 8 years though!

So are you cancelling because of the fact you like only 2 games? Giving up gaming altogether?

That said, I'll wait until the price drops below £200 before diving in. I reckon it will only take 18 months or so.

I think you will be waiting longer than that.

I think you will be waiting longer than that.

Maybe but I find the price drops significantly after 18 months due to trade ins and offers. Managed to get a new 360 2 years after the release date for £130 and a preowned vita for £100 recently.

Think I'm cancelling my XB1 pre order later. The only 2 exclusive Xbox games I like are Forza and Halo, it'll be weird after having a 360 for 8 years though!

So are you cancelling because of the fact you like only 2 games? Giving up gaming altogether?
Sorry, should have added im getting a PS4 instead. Excited by all the exclusives they have, they seem to have a lot more. I hope they bring the old Uncharteds and TLoU to the PS4, I don't want to have to buy a PS3 as well to play them

Microsoft didn't take in to account people who stand the console vertically...Not the biggest problem in the world, but with all of the other stuff, it just makes them look amateur. They also don't know what the word 'interestingly' means.

We don't support vertical orientation; do it at your own risk

we found, interestingly enough, that 80 percent of people, believe it or not, have their Xbox [360] horizontally

Is that really that bad? Not being able to put the console vertical? I don't think i've ever seen anyone use their console vertically.

I read that you cant turn off the light bar on the PS4 controller. Does anyone think that would effect them?

Is that really that bad? Not being able to put the console vertical? I don't think i've ever seen anyone use their console vertically.

According to the quote, 20% of people use it that way. One in five. Would it have been hard to ask some of their customers about how they use their console rather than deciding for them?

Â