Libor Kozák

samjp26

Why persist with Gestede just because he supposedly trains better? When it comes to strikers I couldn't careless how they train as long as they score when it matters. I reckon Libor would link up great with Ayew but Remi seems to think Ayew and Gestede played well together vs Southampton, in truth Ayew was dispossessed 9 times and wouldn't of had to go it alone so often and lose the ball if he had had a half decent strike partner who he could played the ball to.

This whole things got Nigel Reo Coker phenomenon written all over it. He'll come on at some point, be absolutely **** hopeless, and people will laugh that his was supposedly our saviour while he was in the bomb squad.

• Like 1

I don't think anybody has even remotely suggested he'll be our "saviour".

But whilst we're playing a game that doesn't involve whipping in crosses then all people are suggesting is that that Kozak might be a better option than Gestede.

He might not score many goals if he came in, but his hold up play seems better (both from memory and from those clips) and I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that other players like Ayew might benefit from playing with Kozak as opposed to Gestede.

• Like 3

Well someone just a couple of pages ago literally said he (and Gil) could save us, so yeah, they are. :P 

I just wouldn't expect that much from him after his injury when he hardly pulled up trees beforehand. It's hard to believe that there could exist many worse options than Gestede, which makes me wonder just what has been going on at Bodymoor.

Fair enough, I haven't seen that comment. I guess I was taking "saviour" to be a bit more dramatic than just somebody who could keep us up :)

I agree that's a bit over the top, but I still think it's not crazy to suggest he could be a better option than Gestede.

I didn't see anything in that clip that made me think, wow, we should be playing him. 

His one excellent turn was then fortunate as he didn't have the pace to get to the ball and it bounced kindly off a defender. 

Nothing else looked like things Gestede can't do. 

• Like 1

There's nothing in that video that makes anybody say "wow". Again, I think people are confusing people saying he should have a chance with someone saying "omg he is amazing".

But. he showed he has a better touch in that video than Gestede has ever shown for us.

It's not much, and I'm not suggesting Kozak is going to pull up trees. But the way we're playing at the moment a frontman offering some decent hold up play would be an asset. And Gestede doesn't do that. The ball bounces off Gestede at the moment.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Reading a few stories that he is infact very lazy in training, his attitude is rubbish and he struggled through his rehab...

Interested to know where these stories are?

Garde said last week that Kozak wasn't being picked because he didn't feel he was better than what we currently had.

There's nothing in that video that makes anybody say "wow". Again, I think people are confusing people saying he should have a chance with someone saying "omg he is amazing".

But. he showed he has a better touch in that video than Gestede has ever shown for us.

It's not much, and I'm not suggesting Kozak is going to pull up trees. But the way we're playing at the moment a frontman offering some decent hold up play would be an asset. And Gestede doesn't do that. The ball bounces off Gestede at the moment.

I dont think these people are getting confused at all, they just have an agenda and every post is basically just them trying to make themselves even more right in the shite they write.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

I dont think these people are getting confused at all, they just have an agenda and every post is basically just them trying to make themselves even more right in the shite they write.

An agenda?

Like calling Gestede a donkey every chance you get because you want Kozak to play?

21 minutes ago, Bunnski said: I dont think these people are getting confused at all, they just have an agenda and every post is basically just them trying to make themselves even more right in the shite they write.

An agenda?

Like calling Gestede a donkey every chance you get because you want Kozak to play?

I tend to dip in and out and give my opinion, if I was that bothered about an agenda I might have, I'd be on here every day spouting the same shite over and over like some folk...

That's because he played his first game in ages the other day so is fresh in my mind and was terrible and he reminds me of a donkey, nice to see you're taking count. Anyway back on topic, libor should be in the squad ahead of him.

Â