Libor Kozák

samjp26

We could do with a winger to feed him a few crosses. Seems a bit pointless to have two big buggers up front and nobody putting it in the box for them.

• Like 3

But isn't this a consequence of poor training and match preparation?

I think our players are limited, but I'm sure they can pass and move the ball better then they currently do. Worse teams than ours play better football. 

No I don't think it is. I think its a consequence of limited players, young players, pressure and lack of confidence. I don't believe they are coached to go long.

I'm not sure what you base that conclusion on, I'm not sure how you can conclude the players are better than what they demonstrated.

As for worse teams playing better football, without you saying which teams you have in mind its a little hard to comment.

We could do with a winger to feed him a few crosses. Seems a bit pointless to have two big buggers up front and nobody putting it in the box for them.

Teams set up with two wingers is really a thing of the past, I'm not sure any side in the PL sets up like this any more.

• Like 1

But isn't this a consequence of poor training and match preparation?

I think our players are limited, but I'm sure they can pass and move the ball better then they currently do. Worse teams than ours play better football. 

No I don't think it is. I think its a consequence of limited players, young players, pressure and lack of confidence. I don't believe they are coached to go long.

I'm not sure what you base that conclusion on, I'm not sure how you can conclude the players are better than what they demonstrated.

As for worse teams playing better football, without you saying which teams you have in mind its a little hard to comment.

Teams set up with two wingers is really a thing of the past, I'm not sure any side in the PL sets up like this any more.

Crystal Palace?

But true there aren't many others really? sometimes man U?

Hence I said A winger

So what, 4-4-2 with one winger? Don't see that being too successful.

Depends how you define a winger. Beckham really wasn't a winger given he had no pace and couldn't therefore beat his man to the byline but was still the best right midfielder in the world at least for a season or so. So in a sense Utd did play 4-4-2 with one winger (Giggs) back in the day.

Depends how you define a winger. Beckham really wasn't a winger given he had no pace and couldn't therefore beat his man to the byline but was still the best right midfielder in the world at least for a season or so. So in a sense Utd did play 4-4-2 with one winger (Giggs) back in the day.

Yeah I agree, so all we need to do is find the new Giggs and Beckham and talk Keane into making a return to his playing days and we will be sorted. :)

• Like 1

Substitute "winger" for "someone who can cross a ball".  I like how Kozak gets himself into position in and around the penalty area and that he's good in the air with a decent touch.  However, he doesn't seem to be very quick nor put much of a shift in in terms of harrying possession.

I like the guy, but he really needs service.  He won't create much for himself.

• Like 1

That's usually what Gabby and Andi do for Benteke when we play 4-3-3.

Seemed to work decently with Kozak when Benteke was injured. 

Think the difference between the two is that when Benteke's on form he often creates chances from the wings himself for the likes of Gabby and Weimann - gives us real flexibility going forward. Kozak doesn't really offer this.

Remember Benteke against Utd. the season before last.

Substitute "winger" for "someone who can cross a ball".  I like how Kozak gets himself into position in and around the penalty area and that he's good in the air with a decent touch.  However, he doesn't seem to be very quick nor put much of a shift in in terms of harrying possession.

I like the guy, but he really needs service.  He won't create much for himself.

The main problem with Kozak is that he is not Benteke?

He is not a link player. He's Bent with a work ethic? And will rely on others making chances for him.

Big men have larger turning circles. It's not so much technique - Ya Ya Toure has great technique. Small men are more nippy, and when you put them up against a beefcake defender you make it very difficult for them.

As for Kozak, we've not seen enough of him yet. I suspect he scores a wider range of goals than side-foot Bent and has better hold-up play, but he's definitely not in the same technical class as Benteke.

Edited by Con

Â