Libor Kozák

samjp26

I'm really getting to the point of giving up on this stupid forum. I respect all opinions but the stupid arguing, points scoring and bitching in EVERY DAMN THREAD is getting so very tiring.

Come to Off Topic. Where everybody farts rainbows and the only bickering is about bolitics.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

I mentioned it before but to me he's like a low cost version of Zigic. We all love Ziggy because he's single handedly try to bankrupt SHA but he has popped up with important goals for them, just look at the carling cup run.

Kozak will never reach a Benteke level of goalscoring of 15-20 league goals as he's too limited for that and the better defences in the league will mark him out of games. The two Spurs games for example he barely got a kick in either.

But he's shown he can score no problem against the bottom half teams, Norwich, Cardiff, Stoke (in a false position of 10th they are not better than Swansea).

He's someone who will get 10-11 in the league over a full season, a bit like Gabby so a solid squad option to have.

We can't fall into a trap of thinking he can just replace Benteke, that would be an error and too much for him and us.

I'm really getting to the point of giving up on this stupid forum. I respect all opinions but the stupid arguing, points scoring and bitching in EVERY DAMN THREAD is getting so very tiring.

Come to Off Topic. Where everybody farts rainbows and the only bickering is about bolitics.

No it isn't......

• Like 1

I am going to take your advice and camp in Off Topic for the foreseeable future. I can't deal with Villa Talk right now unless people can have adult conversations without jabbing their fingers furiously at their keyboards to have a good ol' bitching match.

"When did I say [      ]??" - maybe you didn't, but these sorts of exchanges are usually people trying to make a valid point, maybe a bit OTT, on another post and then the exchange just becomes antagonistic

"Hahahaha this is the dumbest post I've ever seen" - Really? Does this help anyone? Maybe just sensibly, and with good points, explain why you disagree with the post?

"Why do you even support Villa?" - NEWSFLASH: You can support Villa and criticise the club. People get emotional in these situations and post with hyperbole. You KNOW this. Just keep your own head and accept people get emotional. If you take issue with it, maybe explain your opposing point of view rather than just saying someone can't be a fan?

"I'm sorry, but [               ]" - no, you're not sorry. That's just a douchey way of saying you disagree

And ANY sarcastic post that's just antagonising

It's THESE kind of exchanges that are just so tiring to read. The thread ends up nowhere near the topic it was originally based on and it just becomes a match between 2-3 posters just winding each other up by saying things they either know to be untrue or just know will antagonise a response out of someone. It's so childish and I'm bored of it. But maybe that's just me!

• Like 2

"Hahahaha this is the dumbest post I've ever seen" - Really? Does this help anyone? Maybe just sensibly, and with good points, explain why you disagree with the post?

I actually discussed what this topic was about. Did you read the post I wrote this response to?

Villa fans have always had a strange relationship with big tall targetman strikers...all started with the legend of Peter Withe.

Before my time but many rave how good Andy Gray was in the 80s then we had Ormondroyd and Cascarino....

In the 90s I loved Dion Dublin, less so Heskey, more so Carew and more recently Benteke.. And I always smile when Crouch gets a good reception off us annually considering the abuse he got when he was here and a young striker learning the game.

So a real mix bag of big strikers over the last 30 years. Some have been adored by the Holte (I forgot Mcanally who has his name in the chant of course) but some poor ones who were scapegoats at one time.

What it does show is we've had so many managers who've preferred to go down that route then get in some technical strikers who can drop off the frontline and link with the midfield e.g. Robbie Keane. That's probably part of the reason why we've never broken into the elite.

Now...Kozak. I can't say he's my favourite type of forward to watch, I prefer watching strikers with skill like Benteke or pace so I like watching Gabby on form. Or Weimann unless I imagine his good form last season.

But Kozak is effective....in some games. 4 goals from 12 appearences is not the worst start for this league, It compares with that Soldado fellow and I have no idea if Kozak takes a decent pen or not.

He's a good squad option for us, no more no less. We've had many more less effective strikers down the years.

I'm a massive, massive fan

He was prepared to sign for us knowing full well the season Benteke had just had

His goal celebration yesterday shows what it means to him

Goals scored against mins on pitch to date must be an excellent ratio

Considering he's still classed as our number 2 striker, not on the 1st 11, he's not doing too badly at all

Well done Libor

• Like 4

Chris

I'm trying to live in the world that we are placed in at present.

Kozac looks hungry, Benteke doesn;t

Kozac is netting, Benteke isn't.

Current form, I WOULD start Kozac.

In recent years we've had debates over Carew, Harewood, Heskey etc. The lad has started with a better goals to games ratio than all of those 3. Have you forgotten how many times Benteke was anonymous for 89 mins last season & then just got on the end of something to score?

If current form is anything to go on, Kozac is our main man up top

Yes for here and now, Kozak certainly deserves a start and I'm sure he'll continue to chip in with goals throughout the season.

Long term though I'm thinking this. Kozak is our leading striker next year and you just know our braindead footballers will look up, see a giant upfront and it will be hoof hoof hoof just like it was second half yesterday. He don't score with the regularity Benteke was (and being our main striker he'd be expected to) and the crowd will start getting on his back.

I liken this to a bit like Andy Carroll at Liverpool. I'm sure he was capable of scoring a decent amount of goals for them but Rodgers decided just having a bit man up top would limit their overall game and hinder Suarez. He got that call right.

What I want to see next season is a new good striker replacing Benteke aided by a number 10 and Gabby giving us pace as a front three. With Kozak and Weimann if he actually remembers he's a decent player as able back up.

It depends on what formation the manager plays be it Lambert or whoever.

If you & I were to pick the team to face Palace on Boxing day, we'd almost definitely pick different sides let alone formations.

Marc Albrighton has thrown a massive spanner into the works with his performances.

I'm a fan of Albrighton, Bacuna & Kozak so those 3 would definitely start. Delph, Westwood, Gabby & Guzan pick themselves so that leaves 4 places & a formation to decide on. I'm also a fan of Weimans and thik KEA has improved this season.

I'd go 4-4-2 with Kozak & Weiman up top, Gabby & Albrighton interchanging as Young & Albrighton did,  Delph & Westwood central & Bacuna at RB.

The remaining 3 places, I don't have a clue as without Vlarr, I wouldn't pick any of them. Clark has improved this season & .

I like the 4-3-3 but I've picked the above team on current performance.

Another factor to consider is how to handle a £30K centre forward who is not producing.

Picking a team, let alone a formation is not easy. There is no right or wrong way to play football & this is where management kicks in.

Yes Kozak has to start him and now.

I'm thinking more long term and life after Benteke and the role he will play in that.

This to me will give a big indication of how successful Lambert will be here, it's a big decision to make.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Honestly I don't think I've read something that's as shit as this post. We've moved from discussing his performance, which I think is average at best, to you're a shit fan if you weren't moved by his celebration. Its hilariously stupid. 

I think the subject of my post has struck a nerve with you, I think the use of profanity has indicated you are upset by my question and post. I never said you were a "shit fan" (whatever that is), nor do I think you are a shit fan in my honest opinion. From your general attitude that pervades this forum, I honestly do not believe you have passion for anything Aston Villa. I will not lie, your invariable unenthusiastic views irritate me.

The way the player celebrates doesn't add anything. If kozak jumped into the fans crying with joy or stood there with his hands on his hips like cantona the goal is still the same.

This is typical of your cold and detached attitude. The Kozak celebration did mean something to those who were present. It creates a connection between the supporters and player(s), it showed Libor wants to do well for the club and the fans. It is not always about winning or success following a football club.

And thanks for the advice about supporting another team. I'll give it some serious thought for you. 

I imagine it would be the first time you have given anything on this forum serious thought. Not to worry though, I will be on hand if you have any juvenile questions to ask. 

Â