Libor Kozák

samjp26

He's not looked good, but we ain't excactly playing to his (or any forwards) strenghts are we.

Our style of play creates the odd goal when Benteke is playing, but only because he's just that good.

No idea what our number of crosses and possession in the attacking 1/3 of the pitch is but i guess it's not high.

Lack of intelligent movement and width leads to hoofing and loss of possession.

Kozak isn't a player we can rely on to score goals from nothing, get more width and more crosses and he just might come good

So in other words, he can't actually do a job in our current system then. We are a narrow team under Lambert and will most likely remain as such.

He can, but for whatever reason they didn't do it at Westham. On a few occassions Lowton and Sylla played some nice triangles down the right hand side and lowton was whipping balls into the box, libor and tekkers were licking their lips. We just didn't do it enough, in fact about twice, the other times were poor crosses.

Also I know it's only a warm up - but before westham kicked off, the first team were having shooting practise against steer. The players had to do a one two then shoot. Libor scored 4 out of 4 that I saw, cracking finishes, and Jed was stopping the majority. I know a match day scenario is a million miles from that, but it looked good all the same.

Also I know it's only a warm up - but before westham kicked off, the first team were having shooting practise against steer. The players had to do a one two then shoot. Libor scored 4 out of 4 that I saw, cracking finishes, and Jed was stopping the majority. I know a match day scenario is a million miles from that, but it looked good all the same.

Lets hope he can replicate that on saturday against Cardiff

So in other words, he can't actually do a job in our current system then. We are a narrow team under Lambert and will most likely remain as such.

Lamberts Norwich was very narrow but also crossed a lot. It's what made his 41212 very unique and hard to stop.

Not to be condescending in any way, but even the best finisher at an 8th division club could do exactly the same as van Persie at that drill. On the pitch in the Premier League... not so much..

Lamberts Norwich was very narrow but also crossed a lot. It's what made his 41212 very unique and hard to stop.

Well, they finished 12th and only three teams let in more goals than them that season. Wasn't that hard to stop... They scored quite a few goals though, but at an obvious expense.

Oddly enough, now we are shutting out goals for a change - a few clean sheets the last few games - but we haven't scored in the last four, taking two points off teams that are notoriously known for not scoring goals.

Well, they finished 12th and only three teams let in more goals than them that season. Wasn't that hard to stop... They scored quite a few goals though, but at an obvious expense.

Oddly enough, now we are shutting out goals for a change - a few clean sheets the last few games - but we haven't scored in the last four, taking two points off teams that are notoriously known for not scoring goals.

I meant they couldn't stop Norwich from scoring, which is somewhat true. However, he was there for three years and the first two led to promotion. Then they finished 12th in the first year up. So I'd say that's pretty hard to stop.

Why sign a player who is immobile and an predominately aerial threat when your teams do not put many crosses into the box?

I've seen nothing to suggest he's an aerial threat so far.

Agree, he may be tall but he wins **** all in the air. 

Not to be condescending in any way, but even the best finisher at an 8th division club could do exactly the same as van Persie at that drill. On the pitch in the Premier League... not so much..

Isn't that what I said? guess it's a you had to be there thing.

Why sign a player who is immobile and an predominately aerial threat when your teams do not put many crosses into the box?

Think you need to go to specsavers john because there's an awful lot you aren't seeing lately ;)

Edited by villan_007

Isn't that what I said? guess it's a you had to be there thing.

Think you need to go to specsavers john because there's an awful lot you aren't seeing lately ;)

I have some free vouchers if required  ;)

Feel free to point out any proof he's an aerial threat.

Agree about his (limited) time at Villa, but at Brescia and Lazio he scored quite a lot of headers.

From what i've seen he is a player who thrives on crosses, he'll never be the strong targetman who muscles defenders away and holds up the ball 

Â