Libor Kozák

samjp26

Just as it's Kozak's fault when we don't win games.

Point out where i've said that?

Point out where I said you did? Mine was a passing comment just as yours was.

Yet you claimed Charlie Adam was a reserve because you noticed he was benched for one game.

Has he been subbed or a sub in every game yes or no?

You cannot be regarded as a reserve when you have started the majority of your club's games whether you are subbed off or not. Except in your warped definition of course...

Agreed Czechlad. I avoid a couple threads now because this is going on in them.

And thanks for your comments regarding Kozak. I think they're spot on.

Thank you. I am just so excited to have a czech player back at VP. It's been a while. I hope Kozak does better than Baros did and lasts longer!

• Like 1

Agreed Czechlad. I avoid a couple threads now because this is going on in them.

And thanks for your comments regarding Kozak. I think they're spot on.

Thank you. I am just so excited to have a czech player back at VP. It's been a while. I hope Kozak does better than Baros did and lasts longer!

I hope he does better than Patrick Berger. So bascially he needs to be able to run and not at the end of the season say Benteke should leave Villa.

The thing about all of the moaning about posts is that all it does it push it to the top of the list rather than let it die.

The thing about all the moaning about moaning about posts.....etc etc.

Kozak is an odd one. He gives us a new dimension to the front line, but that is at odds with how the rest of the team plays. We don't have a winger in the squad, and from everything I've seen of him so far he needs decent delivery from wide areas to have a chance. On one hand his goal record in Italy is awful, on another, for European games, its impressive.

When he's played for us to me he's been disappointing - and for a big man not won anywhere near enough headers and lacks any kind of pace. On the other hand, he came on as a sub for his debut and immediately panicked the opposition defence enough to unsettle and have Benteke score. And then came on again in the next game and scored within two minutes himself. But after missing a sitter to begin with.

I just don't know what to think of him, really. I suppose it's too early.

• Like 1

I didn't see most of Hull game, but I don't get this thing about him not winning headers.

Every time he had a sniff against City or Hull I thought he at least stopped the defender winning it clean, which is always a decent alternative to a proper flick on or ideally bringing it down.

Will watch out for him aerially this weekend, Dawson is a lummox but loves a long ball.

I didn't see most of Hull game, but I don't get this thing about him not winning headers.

Every time he had a sniff against City or Hull I thought he at least stopped the defender winning it clean, which is always a decent alternative to a proper flick on or ideally bringing it down.

Will watch out for him aerially this weekend, Dawson is a lummox but loves a long ball.

It was the Newcastle game where it was really evident to me. It was being hoofed up to him and he didn't win one header. Harsh as it was his first minutes for us, yes. But he didn't win one thing in the air and with the size of him you'd hope he'd at least win a few.

It was the Newcastle game where it was really evident to me. It was being hoofed up to him and he didn't win one header. Harsh as it was his first minutes for us, yes. But he didn't win one thing in the air and with the size of him you'd hope he'd at least win a few.

Very harsh I'd say - first taste of English footy. He still plays the Italian way, he is going for the header but looking for the foul, has won a fair few free kicks for us.

Edited by villan_007

We need to be a bit more aggressiv when pressing. Most of our players run towards the man with the ball and then just stand still watching him make his move. Luna is really bad at pressing but those times he runs the whole way something good comes out if it! We played like Cardiff does against arsenal and that worked really well! Delph and KEA are among the players pressing high and actually trying to put a foot in against the opposition!

With that said, Kozaks 10 goals in Europa League came from crosses or penalties. Don't get me wrong I like him but he needs to more active, at least come down to middle of the pitch to get som passes when the opposition is pressing high, a bit like Carew did (miss him so much). Kozak would be scoring on a regular basis if we were playing with Young and Downing on the flanks. Gabby and Weiman are both big fans of cutting inside the field rather than putting a cross in!

Can't blame them though because they work hard every game and I love them both, I love the whole team! Up the Villa against Spurs! I believe in Kozak and I believe in Lambert!

But judging him on the Newcastle game is like judging Benteke on the WBA game last season.

In that WBA game Benteke looked like he had a poor first touch, questionable control and that he might struggle to provide a goal threat.

It was though early days and the rest is history.

Now obviously it is daft to assume because Benteke worked out that this chap will go on to be the same success, it doesn't work that way. It is though I think really premature to form any kind of judgement of him on one game or the games he has played for us so far.

I think it is entirely justified to make a snap decision on a signing like Jenas, Hutton, Given etc because they are known quantities, players at or past their peak who know the division. There is a basis to making a snap call on players like that.

But players in their early 20's, coming to the PL for the first time, with varying degrees of the language and no real comprehension of the nature of the game here I think it is always premature.

I think I'm right in saying Henry didn't score in his first 11 games when he joined Arsenal and some of their fans were far from complementary about him from what I recall. Again I'm not saying that the Henry example is typical of all signings, clearly it isn't I just think given how Benteke performed in the first half of last season compared to the second it would be wise to hold fire on casting judgment.

Nothing wrong with people saying he didn't have a good game but writing him off as some have done is just a little silly.

(This is a general reply to the last few pages of the thread, not specifically just yours. It just happened to be yours was the one I started from so not all points are related to your posts)

(I reserve the right to exclude Holman from the above as he was just always clearly terrible)

• Like 4

I went to hull, he won virtually nothing aerially and generally didn't look good at all. In his defence the service to him was dire.

Kozak needs time to adjust to the pace of the premier league. His touch is decent so i've no doubt he'll be an asset. Davies did win the aerial battle at Hull but he's played over 100 games in the premier league and that experience showed. Once Kozak has played a few more games I'm sure he'll cause havoc with the likes of Davies.

Kozak's aerial success rates from the last three league games: 21%, 42% and 24%.

Someone described him as "like a turtle" in the Hull match thread.  Which was a spot on imo as it was quite shocking for me to see how bad he was at competing for headers. He just seemed to duck down everytime the ball came anywhere near his head. 

We shouldn't be arguing that Kozak was better off not signed, we should be asking why we were linked and had interest in AM's (Lambert confirmed this) and the chairman didn't back him.

Lambert deserves backing and should have been allowed to spend more than the 10m net he did.

• Like 1

Â