Libor Kozák

samjp26

I didn't think he touched it, neither could the linesman otherwise AW might have been pulled back for offside.

I still don't think much of him but he did work very hard with the limited ball's up to him and whether or not he go a knock on it was his movement that fooled the defenders for AW to score.

I think he might have been just onside but I don't think Kozak touched it either.

So Kozak is definitely ahead of Helenius in the pecking order then? I guess as we paid 7 mil from him he is.

I don't think they're in direct competition to be fair, Helenius himself said Lambert wanted to use him out wide or behind our target man.

Kozak is in direct competition with Benteke I guess.

Actually Kozak puts in more of a shift than Benteke but that doesn't mean I would rather have him in the team.

Kozak definitely runs around more, but tbf to benteke he does constantly take little steps to effect the other teams passing and most of the running just wastes energy anyway for a big guy

Buying from a Serie 'A' side that plays in Europe I think gives a player a good foundation for settling in here in terms of mentality. That he scored all his goals in Europe rather than the slower Serie 'A' suggests he was also probably more suited to the Premier League aswell.

Before the rage starts, I think we should be careful not to write players off too soon. Bacuna was atrocious on his debut and KEA has also shown why there's sometimes rewards from sticking with players.

However, he did not play well today. I really don't understand why Lambert didn't take him off? You can keep faith in a player without leaving them on the pitch.

Yes I know Weimann was equally as poor today but we know what he can do. Kozak was very disappointing. He works hard but the ball keeps bouncing off him and he doesn't win many clean headers like Benteke.

Â