Libor Kozák

samjp26

Anyone else looking forward to the games where him and Benteke both play ? Defenders will be having nightmares playing against those pair of brick shithouses

That's the thing though, I don't see them both starting together. They are too similar.

BBC reporting

European football writer Andy Brassell: "An update from Turkey, as it looks as if the mooted departure of Burak Yilmaz from Galatasaray to Lazio (see 1018) could have run aground with the Romans' reported offer of €15m (£12.75m) judged insufficient.

"Granted, Burak only cost €5m (£4.25m) from Trabzonspor, but Lig TV reports that his old club would be due a third of the profit and that the striker himself would be entitled to a cut of any transfer fee.

Perhaps this will effect us.

I find it funny how people moan about us not signing players, then when we do sign one they moan that they're all for cheap and then when it's rumoured that we're spending a lot they moan that it's a waste. :lol:

I think everyone on here wants Kozak to do well Mantis, It just wasn't what a lot of us were expecting - We can see Lambert steadily putting a team together and we all (wrongly !) assumed we knew Lamberts next step. Got to be honest I can't see this one working out - that doesn't mean I won't get behind him, or want him to fail. The main thing is,  that as far as possible the manager gets the playetrs he wants - After all he has more to loose than any of us.  UTV

he's another squad member providing competition and cover for CB,

He's a striker not a defender. Yes I am joking I know you mean Christian Benteke but I'm a very silly person who makes very silly jokes.

Think CB ment Christian Benteke lol

:) Scroll your mouse over my last comment.

Talksports Paddy Agnew (Italian correspondent) says he has joined.

Says he is a perfect signing for us, pretty useful player.

Take that as you will!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

I dont mind him as a signing if we signed a midfielder as well. However if were spunking it all on a striker whos going to get limited appearances.. then its a waste no matter how you spin it.

Unless Lambert knows he has an option to bring another player in. I think a midfielder will be brought in once Ireland/Given leave.

I find it funny how people moan about us not signing players, then when we do sign one they moan that they're all for cheap and then when it's rumoured that we're spending a lot they moan that it's a waste. :lol:

I think everyone on here wants Kozak to do well Mantis, It just wasn't what a lot of us were expecting - We can see Lambert steadily putting a team together and we all (wrongly !) assumed we knew Lamberts next step. Got to be honest I can't see this one working out - that doesn't mean I won't get behind him, or want him to fail. The main thing is,  that as far as possible the manager gets the playetrs he wants - After all he has more to loose than any of us.  UTV

But why can't you see this one working out? Have you even seen this guy play for God's sake?

I don't mind people not being excited by a transfer but it pisses me off when people make negative judgements on players they know virtually nothing about before they've even signed for us.

I dont mind him as a signing if we signed a midfielder as well. However if were spunking it all on a striker whos going to get limited appearances.. then its a waste no matter how you spin it.

Unless Lambert knows he has an option to bring another player in. I think a midfielder will be brought in once Ireland/Given leave.

Maybe is just a case of a player Lambert rates - becoming available at the right price - where as an a CAM or CB weren't. If this guy is going to make his make - I reckon it will be post Benteke .......whenever that it is. If we sell Benteke at some future point - every replacement we eye will be ramped up in price.

Yes. I'm not saying the whole amount should be spent on one player. But at the same time you need to bring in quality.

Did spurs try and sign a cheap bale replacement last summer? No they've reinvested money in quality players from around europe.

Spurs are on a different level. The way you're posting it seems like you're expecting a £20-30m striker in for Benteke when he goes. What £20-30m striker in world football will join us at the moment? I can't think of any TBH... and I also take issue with the fact that it seems like you think money = quality. Remind us, how much did Benteke cost?

I can Marlon Harewood with a price tag of 20-30m :D

He has scored 1 goal every 116 minutes over the past 3 seasons in the league and Europe combined. Not too shabby

edit : Benteke had scored 1 goal every 136 minutes for Genk before we signed him!

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 2

he's another squad member providing competition and cover for CB,

He's a striker not a defender. Yes I am joking I know you mean Christian Benteke but I'm a very silly person who makes very silly jokes.

Think CB ment Christian Benteke lol

:) Scroll your mouse over my last comment.

You cad....

• Like 2

But why can't you see this one working out? Have you even seen this guy play for God's sake?

I don't mind people not being excited by a transfer but it pisses me off when people make negative judgements on players they know virtually nothing about before they've even signed for us.

Nope Id never heard of him before 9pm last night. My judgement is on what we need, and where he fits in the team. I really hope he does well - but I am expressing a very early opinion that I don't think this will work for us. 90% of this forum is discussing on how we beleive events will unfold. that includes judgements based on very little - If he comes this season and doesn't do much, some people will put that down to no pre season with us - and give him next season. At this point in time I think a serie a fringe player, will struggle to make an impact in the PL - I could be totally wrong - he could thrive from Day 1 - but thats my thoughts at this point in time

Nope Id never heard of him before 9pm last night. My judgement is on what we need, and where he fits in the team. I really hope he does well - but I am expressing a very early opinion that I don't think this will work for us. 90% of this forum is discussing on how we beleive events will unfold. that includes judgements based on very little - If he comes this season and doesn't do much, some people will put that down to no pre season with us - and give him next season. At this point in time I think a serie a fringe player, will struggle to make an impact in the PL - I could be totally wrong - he could thrive from Day 1 - but thats my thoughts at this point in time

How can you say you don't think this will work out for us if you admit that you hadn't heard of him before last night? I mean, I hadn't heard of him either, therefore it would be ridiculous of me to have an opinion on whether I think he'll work or not.

£7m? Wow. I was joking earlier about thinking he was going to be a white Benteke but that price tag puts a bit more weight on his shoulders; if he turns out to be poor then that's quite a bit of cash wasted.

I wonder if this will stop people complaining about Lambert not being backed by the board? Probably not.

Â