Libor Kozák

samjp26

Everybody's talking about Kozak like it's a done deal, but he doesn't get so much as a rumour mention on the BBC live page.

Doesn't that tell you alot about the media? 99% of the "gossip" they have is unfounded horseshit.

Everybody's talking about Kozak like it's a done deal, but he doesn't get so much as a rumour mention on the BBC live page.

Doesn't that tell you alot about the media? 99% of the "gossip" they have is unfounded horseshit.

But that's my point. They print anything and everything, so why not this one?

Point 4 - I don't know how many of you have watched Tonev play but that guy is as creative as they come. He scores goals from long range with either foot, has pace and can pick a pass. It will just take him another few weeks to get used to the pace of the game in England because it is faster than he was used to. So if that type of player is required in games, such as the Liverpool game, then maybe he will be the man.

Got any video clips of these passes ? If not how have you seen him do them ?

I'm not sure those of us pleading for a creative midfielder are using the word creative in the same way you are. You keep referring to pace and shots. That's not creativity ...

But that's my point. They print anything and everything, so why not this one?

Because this one is actaully true and would required some journalistic skills, hard work, sources etc. It's much easier to make BS up at your desk and write yet another terrible Gareth Bale article.

Edited by villa89

Point 5 - In the games we have played this season, maybe with the exception of Liverpool, chances have been created. More than enough actually. So if we have a problem in five or six games over the course of the campaign then that's life. Manchester United didn't break Liverpool down at the weekend as well so many they are just really good at the back now.

Let's take the Arsenal game. We had two penalties both born from pace rather than guile. Scored one goal on a break that started from their corner and Delph hit the post from outside the box

Chelsea, from drunken memory we carved out a couple of chances

Liverpool i recall Benteke creating one for himself, then a flick on for his second chance, other than that not a lot

Hardly what i'd call creating 'more than enough chances' to be honest

Point 5 - In the games we have played this season, maybe with the exception of Liverpool, chances have been created. More than enough actually. So if we have a problem in five or six games over the course of the campaign then that's life. Manchester United didn't break Liverpool down at the weekend as well so many they are just really good at the back now.

Let's take the Arsenal game. We had two penalties both born from pace rather than guile. Scored one goal on a break that started from their corner and Delph hit the post from outside the box

Liverpool i recall Benteke creating one for himself, then a flick on for his second chance, other than that not a lot

Yes but these are against three of the best teams in the league, with 2 of them (Chelsea and Liverpool) having excellent defences. In games like these you only get a few chances because the opposition are so good, not because we are lacking. let's wait and see what we can do against some 'easier' teams before we criticise our creative ability. 

• Like 1

We are a long way from being able to control the game and create chances against those 3 sides, we will always be looking to play on the counter with pace against them.

The real test of our creativity comes against smaller team where we have more of the ball. We did pretty well for our third goal against Rotherham so there are positive signs there.

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

Maybe because Lambert is the manager and he will sign players for the positions he wants? Obviously there are limits involved but I expect the type of player he chooses to sign is down to him, and I'll back him if that's what he wants. After all he's the one who manages the team.

As we've seen before though no-one is infallible, not even Lambert so just being the manager of our team doesn't make him right.

If you include Kozak and we keep playing the system which has improved our results then neither Kozak, Bowery or Helenius is going to be given much game time if our front three stay fit.

That to me with limited funding available is a total waste of resources. Lambert is creating his own bomb squad for this season rather than actually using the limited finance to improve the first team.

Who said he was infallible? However, he is the manager and knows a lot more than any of us here do so he does deserve a bit of trust at least.

We have no idea how plays like Helenius and Kozak will be used and in what kind of system. Lambert is the manager, he devises the tactics, not us.

How can you dismiss this is a waste of resources when he hasn't even officially signed for us yet? I mean for **** sake you say he's "creating" his own bomb squad but we've barely seen any of the new recruits get any sort of action bar Okore and Luna (who have both looked decent). Jesus Christ, let's at least wait before players get a bit of game time before writing them off as a waste.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

Yes but these are against three of the best teams in the league, with 2 of them (Chelsea and Liverpool) having excellent defences. In games like these you only get a few chances because the opposition are so good, not because we are lacking. let's wait and see what we can do against some 'easier' teams before we criticise our creative ability. 

alternatively the reason we can't/don't is due to the complete lack of a creative player capable of doing something different in the middle of the park. every team knows our danger weapon and how we are going to play in every game

that's not a positive, it's a worry

United couldn't break down Liverpool and they have plenty of creative players.

Maybe, just maybe, everyone needs to get off their hard ons for a CAM. We've created MORE chances against every opponent we have played so far.

Welcome Libor and I'm sorry you're not the unicorn known as the CAM

• Like 4

Â