Southampton

NurembergVillan

Southampton were a better team than us last season and they are this season, I enjoyed watching them last season and they have improved a lot this year, they are a club who will be looking to break into the top 6 or 7 in the next few seasons, wish I could say the same about us

They really weren't much better last year were they?

Southampton were a better team than us last season and they are this season, I enjoyed watching them last season and they have improved a lot this year, they are a club who will be looking to break into the top 6 or 7 in the next few seasons, wish I could say the same about us

Last year Man Utd were champions. Counts for nothing now.

the young / milner / downing money?

like I said that's where we fell apart

Things have changed since then though.

And the evidence for this is....

the 10m net we just spent?

Santa?

Whether you agree with it or not we're no longer blowing loads of money on mediocre players.

Well no shit sherlock

Santa?

Whether you agree with it or not we're no longer blowing loads of money on mediocre players.
It could be argued that we are now buying cheap mediocre players.

Or even that we aren't spending money, 10m net, one of the smallest budgets in the league.

Edited by dodgyknees
  • Like 1

Santa?

It could be argued that we are now buying cheap mediocre players.

Or even that we aren't spending money, 10m net, one of the smallest budgets in the league.

The players we're buying now are in general far better value for money than the kind of players we were buying before, and I wouldn't say all of them are mediocre either.

Well no shit sherlock

Sorry, I mis-read the original post.

No doubt they will fall back down a bit but they are currently looking the best bet for the team who finishes 'best of the rest' i.e. 9th in the league which would be a fantastic achievement for a recently promoted side***.

*** Who spent over £30m.

20m allocated for Jan too.

Well no shit sherlock

Ah ok I should not be an asshole.

Well no shit sherlock

Ah ok I should not be an asshole.

I don't think you were being to be fair.

• 2 weeks later...

Me: - Yeah I am coming to the game in December

Saints fan: You're gonna get smashed by the almighty Saints! we're getting 4th!

Me: I remember when Southampton fans were easy to talk to and not cocky at all, now they have turned into Man City fans or even Portsmouth when they were winning the cup...

Saints fan: (silence)

Me: I guess for a team with no history it's a huge achievement to be where you are, a bit like winning the treble.

Saints fan: (silence)

Nothing for 10 mins...

Can we please **** this shit team over in December?

• Like 1

Every Southampton fan I've ever heard on the radio sounds annoying and up themselves.

They never used to be. Right now they are so cocky, more Saints shirts down here than I have ever seen.

Find it so hard to bite my tongue!

Â