No Next Gen in 2013/14

chappy

awful pity. surely clubs could have funded some parts of it. am still worried that UEFA are going to make it an elite tournament

Yup and teams like ours won't even be involved. Its a shame really, rather than the best academies I imagine it will just be the top clubs a la Champions League.

• Like 1

it is, its already been announced, probably the reason that next gen can secure the funds

manu, man city, Chelsea and arsenal will be playing in it next year

I hope someone from the villa is vocal about this and some journos actually take interest

awful pity. surely clubs could have funded some parts of it. am still worried that UEFA are going to make it an elite tournament

This was my first thought. Perhaps the break is while they figure out how to implement the elite system of qualification. I have the rant ready to go if this comes to pass :)
  • Like 2

dont we regularly batter Arsenal at underage level?

Smashed them 10-1 a couple years ago, it's ridiculous that they're doing this.

All UEFA want to do is make the big clubs stronger and stronger in every way, it's actually killing the game.

They will also back Qatar World Cup in the winter to the hilt, as Plantini is very 'friendly' with them. So not exactly representing the European member leagues interests there. While I am at it, Plantini has also ruined the European Championships by making it 24 teams by 2016. Great player, awful bureaucrat,

• Like 2

They will also back Qatar World Cup in the winter to the hilt, as Plantini is very 'friendly' with them. So not exactly representing the European member leagues interests there. While I am at it, Plantini has also ruined the European Championships by making it 24 teams by 2016. Great player, awful bureaucrat,

If the European Championships will have 24 teams, what's the point in the qualifying stage, would be much easier to have a two legged play-off.

It's a huge shame that the NextGen is getting killed off, it seems UEFA only supported it to see if it worked so they could implement there own money spinning version. Will completely kill off our academy if UEFA get there way, as there competition will be a draw for younger players who will no longer care if they get first team opportunities, only if they get to play in the U-19 Champions League. Along with FFP, it's just one small step until that glorious day the top teams bring in the European Super League.

On the plus side, means we'll be reigning champions for ages!

Yeah we could be like when Portsmouth won the last FA Cup before the war- and held it for 7 years! Shame bout the nextgen, thought it was a good idea. Re Euros- I hate it. It means 75% of the teams in the group stage will move to the knock out- their will now be a 2nd round as well. Bloated and diluted. Now they realise only about 4 or 5 countries in Europe are big enough to host a 24 team tournament, so from 2020 onwards it will be in all the  big, rich, cities instead.

Hopefully someone will realise how ridiculous it is that the current champions of Europe (effectively) with the best academy in Europe (effectively) aren't playing in this new European youth tournament, but I doubt it.

This was always likely with UEFA making a rival youth tournament just for clubs who make the Champions League. Sponsers/Investers probably waiting for that one instead.

Utter madness. Bet Platini was off to the drawing board the minute he saw an all English final last year! The idea that Uefa, Fifa or the relevant FA's don't have the money for this tournament with or without the sponsors is farcical. 

Â