No Next Gen in 2013/14

chappy

Football is dying in front of our very eyes day by day year after year and UEFA are the one's with blood on their hands.

We all as football fans have let the money men destroy our game.

Still, looks good on our widescreen TV's in HD doesn't it.... oooh 3D you say....

We ruined their plans by winning it.

There is not a chance in hell this would be binned if a Barca U21 team had beaten a Bayern U21 last year.

Shit off UEFA.

Agree with this, even think if Chelsea had won it would've been supported and publicised more.. But as it was "little lowly Aston Villa" then they are not happy.

There is not a chance in hell this would be binned if a Barca U21 team had beaten a Bayern U21 last year.

Shit off UEFA.

Agree with this, even think if Chelsea had won it would've been supported and publicised more.. But as it was "little lowly Aston Villa" then they are not happy.

I don't think that's true at all. UEFA only allowed the NextGen series to go ahead to see if such a competition would work or generate interest, and as soon as the NextGen showed its capabilities, UEFA decided to go ahead with their own money spinning version, all in my own opinion of course. Us winning it had no bearing on UEFA's decision, it would've happened who ever won, if anything us winning has put a spanner in the works for UEFA as many good sports journalists will question why the current U19 Champions of Europe will not participate in UEFA's version. I also think that "funding" is just an excuse, all the big teams are playing in UEFA's competition this year, so NextGen probably had very few teams willing to participate.

Shit off UEFA.

I don't think that's true at all. UEFA only allowed the NextGen series to go ahead to see if such a competition would work or generate interest, and as soon as the NextGen showed its capabilities, UEFA decided to go ahead with their own money spinning version, all in my own opinion of course. Us winning it had no bearing on UEFA's decision, it would've happened who ever won, if anything us winning has put a spanner in the works for UEFA as many good sports journalists will question why the current U19 Champions of Europe will not participate in UEFA's version. I also think that "funding" is just an excuse, all the big teams are playing in UEFA's competition this year, so NextGen probably had very few teams willing to participate.

Is the uefa one actually confirmed?

Shit off UEFA.

Is the uefa one actually confirmed?

Yep, takes place at the same time as Champions League group stages, with youth teams from said competition.

Â