Taking the other half to a game...

Dodgyknees

Not exactly the topic, but close...

When i've been over at VP i've always stood with the Holte (ahhh, that stairway to heaven!). Was thinking of taking my son/family over when he gets a bit older (he's villa mad already, at age of 4), but thinking that the holte might not be the best place for him/them. I guess trinity or witton would be the place to sit? Are there any particular areas in those ends that are considered a bit more family friendly? We're norwegian and there is still a while until he learns english, so what ever that is being shouted around us won't be a problem, but you know, would prefer a little bit of a "softer" atmosphere. Any suggestions?

Perhaps a bit obvious (no intention of sounding condescending) but the family stand has always been ok when I have taken my little one - will depend a lot on what team though ofc!!! :)

• Like 1

I've taken both my daughters to matches, since they were about seven or eight. 

But the missus, never. Probably the two things she hates most in the world are crowds... and football. 

And I mean REALLY hates it. If she had her way, the sport (and most other sports, actually) would be wiped off the planet. 

So that's a no. 

Edited by mjmooney

Fulham...home or away.

Yeah, Fulham away is great too. Lovely stadium, lovely city, lovely people.

That friendly drink next to the Thames (not sure what the pubs called)and a little walk along the Thames and in to the ground....lovely venue.

Edited by TRO

Not exactly the topic, but close...

When i've been over at VP i've always stood with the Holte (ahhh, that stairway to heaven!). Was thinking of taking my son/family over when he gets a bit older (he's villa mad already, at age of 4), but thinking that the holte might not be the best place for him/them. I guess trinity or witton would be the place to sit? Are there any particular areas in those ends that are considered a bit more family friendly? We're norwegian and there is still a while until he learns english, so what ever that is being shouted around us won't be a problem, but you know, would prefer a little bit of a "softer" atmosphere. Any suggestions?

Perhaps a bit obvious (no intention of sounding condescending) but the family stand has always been ok when I have taken my little one - will depend a lot on what team though ofc!!! :)

Yeah family stand is good, loads of kids in there and language is a bit better. Still get the odd expletive but nothing like everywhere else in the ground where 90% of what comes out of some people's mouths for the whole 95 minutes consists of 2 words beginning with F and C.

• Like 1

I think it's far better taking a noob to something that's going to generate a bit of atmosphere. I took people to games we were expected to win before and even though they see a few goals it's nowhere near as good for them.

Go to something like Man Utd, Chelsea etc. Packed Villa Park and amazing atmosphere anywhere in the Holte.

I'd go along with this.

I booked tickets for the LIverpool game last night. 

There's not many left.

So the place will be packed. Firts home game so there will be a hell of an atmosphere you'd think.

You're not guaranteed a win (but you never are with us at home). But I reckon you can nearly guarantee an atmosphere

Took my Mrs to the home leg of the Capital One Cup Semifinal last season.

She's took an interest in Villa but she isn't a fan of football, spent most of the game confused and sitting down, telling me that we will get kicked out for standing.

In the end, she was extremely baffled as to why I was pissed off because we had won and I spent about 3 days trying to explain the aggregate rule for cup.

Never again.

She does sing the Benteke song when he scores though.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 3

She's took an interest in Villa but she isn't a fan of football, spent most of the game confused and sitting down, telling me that we will get kicked out for standing.

In the end, she was extremely baffled as to why I was pissed off because we had won and I spent about 3 days trying to explain the aggregate rule for cup.

Never again.

Haha was this after you spent half the game explaining the offside rule ?

My woman really hates football. I can never change that. But she has promised me to go and watch a game once, just because I want her to feel the atmosphere of a good football game. So it'll be the Holte and a big game when that day comes. But she's afraid of heights too, so we have to be in Holte lower, but that's ok. She hasn't said which year, though...

Never again.

Haha was this after you spent half the game explaining the offside rule ?

She understood that straight away actually. The fact there is two domestic cups confuses her and she doesn't understand why the Champions League isn't a league.

She still to this day doesn't get the aggregate rule though, women ey!

• Like 1

When is Fulham at home? It's a game we stand a decent chance of winning and they play some pretty football.

And their fans of course are fairly "nice".

Yeah all 16 of em that usually turn up.
  • Like 1

My fiancee hates football and simply won't watch it. 'Imagine getting paid thousands to kick a ball in a field when i have to smell people's feet while fitting shoes all day and then effing complaining that they're not being paid enough.' :rolleyes:

She'd do well on VT.

Â