Taking the other half to a game...

Dodgyknees

if your worried about the niceness of the aposing fans, take her to a man united game. they will most likely be your pals from work than actual mancs so you will know wether they are knobs or not :)

Is he weeping with happiness or despair?

Ich bin das Grammer Nazi und ze vay to vork out vich of "me" und "I" to use iss to remove ze uncle from ze eqvation und see if ze sentence still sounds korrekt. Zerefore my tears upon reading your post vere real, heartfelt tears off sorrow.

• Like 1

Is he weeping with happiness or despair?

Ich bin das Grammer Nazi und ze vay to vork out vich of "me" und "I" to use iss to remove ze uncle from ze eqvation und see if ze sentence still sounds korrekt. Zerefore my tears upon reading your post vere real, heartfelt tears off sorrow.

Fair point. I actually thought I'd got it right.

Star_Trek_suicide.gif

I took my wife to two games last year, Fulham away and QPR at home.

Fulham away as others have said is the safest bet but in reality its hard to pick a game.  At the Fulham game, the whole day was quite pleasant but during the game we must have had the biggest whinger in the world standing directly behind us. None stop moaning throughout the game. If my Mrs wasnt there I would have told him to be quite (although a few others did during the game).  My wife was surprised at how close you could get to the pitch as we were about 10 rows back from the front. A lot different from the view on TV and her only other previous visit to a ground which was in the skies at the Emirates.

QPR at home we sat in Lower Witton bang on the half way line. Fantastic seats. Great atmosphere and top game. However, again, even though we were in the "nice" seats. There were some idiots around us, mouthing off. Sian Massey was the linesman (linesperons?) and this one old chap got up a few times when nothing was really going on and shouting "you fat cow", "you stupid bitch" etc. Never expected that, everyone seemed shocked by his behaviour.

So all in all, you are likely to have a good time no matter what the game is. But picking particular fixtures wont guarantee certain atmospheres.

My fiancee hates football and simply won't watch it. 'Imagine getting paid thousands to kick a ball in a field when i have to smell people's feet while fitting shoes all day and then effing complaining that they're not being paid enough.' :rolleyes:

She'd do well on VT.

What about your aunt?

:clap:

When I met my partner she was completely 'anti-football' and knew absolutely nothing about the game. I have been working on her for the past two years - slow and steady - to the point she know asks questions about the game and actually recognises things such as a player being out of position.

I've managed to get her to wear Villa shirts, she has also fallen in love with this years away shirt.

As well as she I have been testing her knowledge by asking her names of Villa players and she knows quite a few now, for example we were in London for the game at the weekend, I said "guess who scored our goals" she said "Benteke and Agbonlahor" (close enough! - I did help by saying one player scored twice)

So, next up is to take her to a game and obviously, I want to take her to one where she will experience a win (nothing like it) and also I cannot wait for her to feel that amazing almost spiritual feeling of being at VILLA PARK!!!!!

Looking for suggestions really, what game do you think we should do - and has anybody else taken their partner for the first time, what did you do on the day?

UTV!

I dated a Citeh supporting girl for a while and I managed to get her to wear a Villa top for me. One of the best nights I have had ever...

When I first met my wife, she supported Leicester City, and we still look out for their result to this day. She had a season ticket with me between 2002 and 2005 until other family commitments got in the way. She is looking to get back into coming to the game with our daughter in tow too, which would be great. Always nice to go to the game and have a social bar meal somewhere - we liked to go to The Church Tavern in Perry Barr. Sometimes we'd arrive early and watch the players arriving.

That all said, going to the football is a bit of an ordeal and other than going for a pre-match bar meal, I'd just turn up, savor the atmosphere and get out as quick as you can and enjoy the rest of your day doing something else. Even let her choose a rom-com or something...

Hope you guys have fun...

(Ohhhh, the memories of Miss Manchester... in a Villa top...)

I think everyone has covered pretty much everything. Personally I'd go for the United game, although ofc that match does run the risk of being moved for TV, but it's generally been a cracking game over the last few years and the crowd has been hot.

One piece of advice I will give - take the Vita and P4G for the journey, and for half time. If I spot you we can discuss the pro's and con's of Teddy & Nanako.

I find this thread funny - it's like brainwashing!! But I fully endorse the practice!!

I'm fortunate in that I took my girlfriend to her first game against Blackburn Rovers in the semifinal a few years back - not a bad first game!! She too wasn't really in to football but now is joining me in her second year as a season ticket holder in the Trinity Stand. I asked her if she genuinely likes it (considering cost) and she does. She'd never watch a match on TV but she'll tell me if she's read or heard something Villa related.

Only piece of advice i can give you is consider the stand you go for. My girlfriend hated Holte and North because it is grimy and dull, she loves the cleanliness of the Trinity (in comparison) and doesnt miss out on the atmosphere. No way would she have a season ticket in another stand. She also likes being closer to the pitch than up in the gods.

I took my wife to two games last year, Fulham away and QPR at home.

Fulham away as others have said is the safest bet but in reality its hard to pick a game.  At the Fulham game, the whole day was quite pleasant but during the game we must have had the biggest whinger in the world standing directly behind us. None stop moaning throughout the game. If my Mrs wasnt there I would have told him to be quite (although a few others did during the game).  My wife was surprised at how close you could get to the pitch as we were about 10 rows back from the front. A lot different from the view on TV and her only other previous visit to a ground which was in the skies at the Emirates.

QPR at home we sat in Lower Witton bang on the half way line. Fantastic seats. Great atmosphere and top game. However, again, even though we were in the "nice" seats. There were some idiots around us, mouthing off. Sian Massey was the linesman (linesperons?) and this one old chap got up a few times when nothing was really going on and shouting "you fat cow", "you stupid bitch" etc. Never expected that, everyone seemed shocked by his behaviour.

So all in all, you are likely to have a good time no matter what the game is. But picking particular fixtures wont guarantee certain atmospheres.

They're called an 'assistant referee' now although that will probably change soon.

I'd go for the lower Holte. Easy to get tickets for a game and really good atmosphere. Can get quite close to the pitch or further back for a better view. As for the game itself I'd go for West Brom on the 25 Nov. Derby type noise and should be a good game with 'nice' football being played. 

I managed to convince my other half to get a season ticket with me a couple of years ago. Just happened to be the Mcleish season...she hasnt been since :-/

You managed to persuade your mrs to get a half season ticket in the mcleish season? Wow, did you not like her?

I'm glad my mrs hates football. Couldn't think of anything worse than dragging her to the stadium, her constantly moaning during the game etc. Football is a day out with the lads for me. No women

I take my gf with me to all the Villa games I go too.... she actually likes football and makes me go watch Cheltenham Town in league 2 with her haha.

There's no guaranteed win as such, Rotherham I'd say should be a win but as other posts have said, crowd will be low for the "atmosphere"... best atsmophere I experienced last season was probably when we went 1-0 up against Bradford.... obviously as we know it went a bit downhill after that lol. Also against West Ham was pretty good.

I think everyone has covered pretty much everything. Personally I'd go for the United game, although ofc that match does run the risk of being moved for TV, but it's generally been a cracking game over the last few years and the crowd has been hot.

One piece of advice I will give - take the Vita and P4G for the journey, and for half time. If I spot you we can discuss the pro's and con's of Teddy & Nanako.

My vita goes everywhere with me! I'll update that thread in a little..

Just about to run through the fixtures - which includes marking games down for myself!

Â