Things that scare you

Eames

You've over-estimated me there somewhat, Bof.

Whilst giving you a new trick :)

Absolutely, you've supplied me with the anti-dote to 8pints.

Now all I need is the Anti-dote to the Villatalk section of the site.

BOF's knowledge also scares me but in a way the size of the Universe does because I think BOF's knowledge is vaster. It's more of an awe-inspired fear.

Mmmm, funny you should mention BOF's extensive knowledge, it gives me an idea for a thread. Oh, wait...

• Like 1

Absolutely, you've supplied me with the anti-dote to 8pints.

tumblr_m2g8cwenEp1rotcdfo1_500.gif

Not knowledge ya big lick :P Just lateral thinking. Something paddies pride themselves in :)

Ok, well thanks anyway Patrick.

• Like 1

1a26.jpg

Sinister ghost-like bespectacled cats in collars watching startled cats wearing dresses pulling along fish on wheels.

Oh and spiders.

Think that's about it really.

• Like 3

Sinister ghost-like bespectacled cats in collars watching startled cats wearing dresses pulling along fish on wheels.

I've heard of that apparently it's quite common.

• Like 1

Leaving the bedroom door open at night.

Reason being when my father was posted to Portadown due to his job we lived in an old house. Since i was still very young at the time, on occasion, i'd sleep in between my mother and father in their bed.

My mother and father always left their bedroom door wide open which lead onto a long corridor that you could see from where their bed was positioned.

Whenever i slept with my parents for some reason they always seemed to fall asleep first and when that happened my eyes were always drawn through the bedroom door and down that very long corridor before i eventually went to sleep.

Everything was fine for the first few weeks with this routine repeating itself.

However on the third or fourth week of our stay while i was again lying in between my parents listening to them sleeping my eyes were again drawn down that very dark corridor. This time I could see a white figure walking down the corridor and approaching my parents bedroom. It had no facial features and when it stopped right at the doorway of the bedroom and looked straight at me you would have thought my first reaction would be to awake my parents. For some God damn reason rather than doing that i pulled the blanket up over my head. My parents were still fast asleep. I then peaked over the protection of the blanket to find the figure still in the same place and still seemingly looking in my direction. After my initial reaction i then felt less threatened and just kept staring at the figure in the bedroom doorway. It did not venture further than that and i eventually fell over to sleep.

The next morning i said nothing to my parents and in the weeks that followed the very same thing would happen. My mother and father were however getting more than a little pissed off with me wanting to sleep with them all the time so the routine was broken and i had to sleep in my own bedroom which was to the right of my parent's bedroom. I could not see down the corridor. I asked for my bedroom door to be kept open. When i heard my father switching off their bedroom light leaving both bedrooms and the corridor in darkness this time i was literally shitting myself as to what was going to happen next?

Out of shear panic i kept straining my eyes to get them used to the darkness and when that eventually happened i saw the figure pass my doorway and disappear from sight as i presumed it had entered my parent's bedroom. I can remember the sound of my heart pounding as i waited and waited. It seemed like an age had passed before i saw the figure exit my parent's bedroom and as it was still walking it seemingly turned it's top half of whatever it was and although i never noted any facial features before it contorted into a smile as it continued to walk pass my bedroom.

I don't think i ever really felt threatened by it but if it had entered my room that night then i f**king would have screamed my head off. No doubt about that.

Thankfully we moved no more than a week after that as my dad was posted elsewhere again but during that week the figure thankfully never reappeared.

I never told my parents about it until some years later. My dad rather than passing it off as some juvenile dream actually was very disappointed that i hadn't wakened him to see it. Just as well, as being a copper he would probably have shot at it and asked questions later.

Since then i always, always sleep with the bedroom door closed.   

Edited by Morpheus

Â