Things that scare you

Eames

Moths, Spider, Daddylong legs, anything with a lot of legs or the ability to fly basically.

If there is a moth/spider in the room I have to kill it and also agree with shutting all the windows as soon as the sun sets and I have lights on in the house.

Brown spider venom kills the skin and leaves horrific wounds

_68883822_ufmgbite3.jpg

Brown recluse spiders bite more than 7,000 people in Brazil every year causing serious skin lesions and even death. The anti-venom used as treatment comes at the expense of many animal lives. But could a breakthrough in synthetic spider venom lead to a more humane solution?

"The first time I was bitten, I nearly died," says Adelaide Fabienski Maia, a school assistant from Curitiba.

"I put my shorts on in the morning and felt a bite but didn't realise what it was. It wasn't until the evening that my face started burning up. I looked at the bite area and it was red."

Spiders.

• Like 1

probably sounds daft ... but wondering if I'll outlive my children scares me

heck I did those yobo holidays to Benidorm , Ibiza etc and did the balcony hopping and riding mopeds whilst drunk and all the other stupid teenage stuff and came out of it all unscathed but kids nowadays can't even cycle up to the local shops without being high risk  it seems

saying that ... I'm hoping my children wont be as stupid as me  of course  :)

Taking my car into a garage to have stuff done.  I try to contort my features into an expression that says "I'm a garage mechanic myself who's just been to a funeral, hence the suit, and I know the the head manifold gasket belt has gone and I don't have time to do it myself", but obviously what I really portray is "I work in an office and know bugger all about cars, please feel free to rip me off accordingly."

• Like 2

Â