BT Sport

villarule123

Anyone getting this? I don't have BT Broadband so I'd have to pay £12 a month, but their content is impressive.

38 live PL games, Bundesliga, Serie A, Brazilian league and a few others. I'm tempted..

I dont understand why anyone would subscribe to sky sports or bt sports when you can view all sport for free?

BT are looking to make that much more difficult for their customers.

Has ESPN gone off the air yet? as still have it myself at the moment. I havent see any BT Sport promotion so not sure if going to Ireland or if they will still use ESPN to show games

Id rather pay the £12 not to have Michael Owen and Clair balding on my tv.

It will fail like ESPN and setanta did, not enough people willing to pay extra subscription charges on top of what you already pay for skysports to watch west ham v Fulham or some other lower table clash cus like setanta and ESPN they never get the "big" games. People would rather go and watch these one off games down the pub.

The thing is though they have been pretty clever in getting the 12.45 games instead of the 5.30 games.

Most people will be up for heading down the pub in the early evening but want to watch the lunchtime kick off at home.

If they have managed to get some Monday night games then that's another slot that people would rather watch at home than the pub.

Edited by LondonLax

I dont understand why anyone would subscribe to sky sports or bt sports when you can view all sport for free?

In HD? With surround sound? 

I use a pay site for HD quality streams, but I only use them for the 3pm games/games that aren't on Sky.

BT hold all the cards on this one as far as my subscription is concerned. I'm with Virgin Media and if they don't sort a **** deal out I'm leaving them. I was actually reasonably happy with the set up before this. **** BT **** robbing UFC coverage the **** words removed.

I just got 50% off my TV deal for another 12 months yesterday, with free broadband & line rental for 12 months too I'm paying £37 for everything except movies. Sky BTW

I'm going to leave when that runs out though, assuming BT finally manage to show Sky Sports in HD. Why can't they do that now?

Already had BT for the last 3 or 4 years, had fantastic broadband and now we get free sport tacked on. Happy days :)

I just got 50% off my TV deal for another 12 months yesterday, with free broadband & line rental for 12 months too I'm paying £37 for everything except movies. Sky BTW

I'm going to leave when that runs out though, assuming BT finally manage to show Sky Sports in HD. Why can't they do that now?

Because sky want you to use them to watch in hd, sky are incredibly choosy about which of there services they sell to other providers, skygo isn't available unless you have sky, i remember about 8 years ago virgin had to take sky to court over whether they could broadcast skysports news.

Its only been the last 12 months that you have been able to use skys red button service for football first and game choice, and sky have been using that for 9 years now.

Well as soon as BT get Sky's channels in HD, I'm jumping ship.

My Sky box is ridiculously slow as well, and when I try and get a new one out of them they say I have to pay £149 for one. I keep saying they should give me the best equipment available as I have a sub but they take no notice.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you get BT sport over the internet if you don't have BT Infinity? I live in a new build which was constructed after our town got fibre optic cable so the chances of me being able to get BT Infinity any time soon are virtually non existent. I would go go for the internet only package though, but I don't want to get into subscription TV.

It's only fibre to the cab (FTTC) so makes no difference that you live in a new build as long as there are fibre cabs with BT infinity stuck on them floating about. As long as you have a copper line into your house then you can have fibre, the last few hundred yards are VDSL .

Â