Manchester United

BOF

35 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I genuinely do not get the hype, he has pace and some decent control but that's it, misses a lots of chances, doesn't really have much end product, he looks several levels below someone like Mbappe. Rashford seems destined to be at a team like Stoke in the next 3 or 4 years.

Its all potential at this stage. Still only 19 he should improve but the test is whether he can become a 20 goal a season man. No just 6 or 7 goals a season. 

He is 19 and only been playing as a striker for about 3 years and has quite a good scoring record when played as a striker. It's an unfair comparison against someone like Mbappe as Monaco are clearly just a better team and much more free flowing when attacking. As a unit united are quite stagnant and slow in attack and don't suit Rashford's game at all. The last two matches he had made some fantastic runs and the likes of Fellaini and Rooney don't even take note. He was visibly angry angry against Swansea and the team play was garbage that game. He'd be scoring much more in a team that played some actual good football and he got to play up front instead of alway out wide. He also has fantastic workrate and never stops pressing. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

Will Jose be tempted to take John Terry for a year or is he completely past it?

unless he can bang in 20 goals a season I dont think he will help United ;) 

On 30/04/2017 at 17:01, Davkaus said:

I feel really sorry for Swansea.

They put in a great performance and could be relegated because of that piece of shit Rashford. He's an overhyped, cheating, shit player.

We need retrospective punishment for diving.

It was a blatant dive.  But as I said on twitter, I'm fairly sure Swansea's previous 34 league games will have something to do with any relegation.  The fact they can turn up and put a performance like that in at Old Trafford and then go and capitulate elsewhere tells me they're nothing but **** wage thieves who need to look at themselves in the mirror.  If I was a Swansea fan I'd be livid with them.  Put THAT performance in week in week out and you're not 18th in the league.  Yep, wage thieves.

• Like 3

Agreed. No excuse for diving and it needs harsh punishments, but it's your own fault for not gaining more points over the season. 

Hull, their relegation rivals, were screwed over against Arsenal not too long ago. It happens to a lot of teams. Some. Of the overreaction I've seen are ridiculous, people treat it as if it's the sole injustice of the season and the only reason Swansea will go down. 

I found it more astonishing that the English pundits almost to a man flat out refused to use the word dive in their analysis.  BT Sports had a panel of 'experts' and none of them called it a dive or a cheat.  Rather they called it clever play.  **** disingenuous arseholes.  They don't use that language when talking about foreign players doing the same thing.  Chris Sutton was the only English pundit I heard actually giving it the reaction it deserved.

But as for it being a reason Swansea go down?  No, that's all on them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BOF said:

It was a blatant dive.  But as I said on twitter, I'm fairly sure Swansea's previous 34 league games will have something to do with any relegation.  The fact they can turn up and put a performance like that in at Old Trafford and then go and capitulate elsewhere tells me they're nothing but **** wage thieves who need to look at themselves in the mirror.  If I was a Swansea fan I'd be livid with them.  Put THAT performance in week in week out and you're not 18th in the league.  Yep, wage thieves.

Nah, that's nonsense.  Since Clement has joined, they've only been stuffed by Arsenal (4-0).  All of their other games have been tight affairs with Swansea looking like a decent side on the whole - that's why Clement has been getting praise.  Beat Liverpool 3-2, beat Southampton 2-1, only lost to Man City 2-1, Chelsea 3-1, etc.  They make a fist of games and have a real go at sides.  I think they played West Ham recently and were garbage but, other than that, have been playing alright and not necessarily winning.

Plus, teams obviously go through form spells.  Man Utd are unbeaten in about a million games but can't beat Swansea, West Brom, Bournemouth or Hull City at home?  I think that right there may be where the wage thieves are.

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Nah, that's nonsense.  Since Clement has joined, they've only been stuffed by Arsenal (4-0).  All of their other games have been tight affairs with Swansea looking like a decent side on the whole - that's why Clement has been getting praise.  Beat Liverpool 3-2, beat Southampton 2-1, only lost to Man City 2-1, Chelsea 3-1, etc.  They make a fist of games and have a real go at sides.  I think they played West Ham recently and were garbage but, other than that, have been playing alright and not necessarily winning.

Plus, teams obviously go through form spells.  Man Utd are unbeaten in about a million games but can't beat Swansea, West Brom, Bournemouth or Hull City at home?  I think that right there may be where the wage thieves are.

So it's nonsense but only since Clement has joined.  Same squad, different effort.  Wage thieves.

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

So it's nonsense but only since Clement has joined.  Same squad, different effort.  Wage thieves.

You're right, managers change nothing.

Edit:  I'll edit this as no need really (sorry BOF), but managers tweak tactics and get players looking good.  Clement has certainly done this.  From memory, Swansea's previous manager had health issues and all sorts.  Easy to see how the squad could get "lost".

Edited by bobzy

Just now, bobzy said:

You're right, managers change nothing.

So you start off insultingly calling a post nonsense, and then you follow it up with sarcasm.  I think you'll probably understand when I say we'll leave it at that again shall we.  Twice in a matter of days :thumb:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

So you start off insultingly calling a post nonsense, and then you follow it up with sarcasm.  I think you'll probably understand when I say we'll leave it at that again shall we.  Twice in a matter of days :thumb:

I edited before you posted this :)

21 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Mourinho really doesn't like Shaw does he. Bizarre the treatment he is getting.

His overall treatment of injured players lately is downright shocking and extremely disrespectful. Earlier in the season he praised Smalling and jones for playing with injuries. Doing that resulted in Smalling being out for a longer time. Now he is publicly calling them out for not playing with injuries and basically accusing them of faking their injuries. He has just done the same with Shaw. It's shocking behaviour from a manager and explains just why Chelsea players didn't like him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tommybread said:

His overall treatment of injured players lately is downright shocking and extremely disrespectful. Earlier in the season he praised Smalling and jones for playing with injuries. Doing that resulted in Smalling being out for a longer time. Now he is publicly calling them out for not playing with injuries and basically accusing them of faking their injuries. He has just done the same with Shaw. It's shocking behaviour from a manager and explains just why Chelsea players didn't like him. 

I hated his treatment of Shaw. A player who has been very unlucky with injuries. Slagging off players in public will eventually backfire on him. Has he improved the team since Gaal I don't think so. 

He has always done that picking on players in public, he started with Joe Cole and even took him off at 20 minutes one game to prove a point

you can get away with it if you are winning though

Jesse Lingard is the type of player the rest of Europe laughs at us for producing. He is really fast and he runs around a lot, but he does nothing and is utter turd.

If Mourinho really rates this kid then I am not sure there is much hope for him.

• Like 1

Â