Manchester United

BOF

On 04/12/2023 at 14:13, bobzy said:

Agree with all of this... but the last bit, sadly, isn't true.  They make such vasts amounts of money than they don't need oil money to rescue them.

I reckon if you put Emery and his crew at Man Utd and they'd be flying.  Not immediately, probably not with the current squad, but there'd be such a plan and structure in place and it's a club that, again sadly, can afford to get it right.

It's amazing that they're as poor as they are - and long may it continue :D 

I think Emery going there would be a repeat of his time at Arsenal. 

The club needs to change the structure at the top, not just keep changing managers. 

• Like 1

The problem at United is that they (the people above the manager) won’t accept that the club is a mess to start with. LvG and Jose in particular get branded trouble makers for speaking the truth and telling them where they are going wrong. 

If Ferguson decided to have another go he’d completely gut the place, and they’d back him because of who he is. Anyone else, no, they won’t fully back them. So it’s rinse and repeat.

I reckon once a couple of big names are shipped out there would be enough panic around for everyone to start doubling their efforts.

If United sacked off Rashford and Martial in January the place would lift, but the club won’t back the manager as it would be see as too expensive, but I reckon it would be cheaper in the long run.

The fact Pogba mugged them off for 5 years and they still offered him a new deal sums them up. Clueless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The problem at United is that they (the people above the manager) won’t accept that the club is a mess to start with. LvG and Jose in particular get branded trouble makers for speaking the truth and telling them where they are going wrong. 

If Ferguson decided to have another go he’d completely gut the place, and they’d back him because of who he is. Anyone else, no, they won’t fully back them. So it’s rinse and repeat.

I reckon once a couple of big names are shipped out there would be enough panic around for everyone to start doubling their efforts.

If United sacked off Rashford and Martial in January the place would lift, but the club won’t back the manager as it would be see as too expensive, but I reckon it would be cheaper in the long run.

The fact Pogba mugged them off for 5 years and they still offered him a new deal sums them up. Clueless.

This.

They're so desperate to be good 'next season', and won't accept a few years of rebuild. But by constantly chasing that instant transformation they're going through so many coaches and players and never reaching it.

Just look at Arsenal. A couple of seasons of real dross, but Arsenal are certainly reaping the benefits of being patient.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

This.

They're so desperate to be good 'next season', and won't accept a few years of rebuild. But by constantly chasing that instant transformation they're going through so many coaches and players and never reaching it.

Just look at Arsenal. A couple of seasons of real dross, but Arsenal are certainly reaping the benefits of being patient.

Because Arsenal looks like a club that won’t tolerate anyone not reaching their potential.

United buy big name players for big money and they immediately put their slippers on and put in 6/10 performances every week. The potential is there, but why bother?

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

No smoke without fire springs to mind. He doesn't seem to be very likeable but you wonder if he is being undermined by Maguire and co. 

Of course he is. The only way those guys stay at the club is if they continue this revolving door of managers and keep getting the slate wiped clean.

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Fergusom is one of the causes of it but gets swept under the carpet. He left nothing on terms of building blocks for next manager. De Gea maybe was it but squad was getting over the hill

Just now, Zatman said:

Fergusom is one of the causes of it but gets swept under the carpet. He left nothing on terms of building blocks for next manager. De Gea maybe was it but squad was getting over the hill

The squad had just won the league hadn’t it? 

2 hours ago, tinker said:

There 5 points behind us, we have our best start in seasons and they have their worst. They have some great players as well, don't underestimate them, would love to finish above them this season.

After Fernandes who are their great players? I feel they've built a squad at great expense that's full of fading stars and mediocre prospects. Not many I'd swap with members of our squad these days. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The squad had just won the league hadn’t it? 

Yeah but had so many players near the end and did nothing after United. RVP, Rooney, Carrick, Vidic, Ferdinand think Scholes and Giggs too

A new spine was required but Fergie got his last win that was all that mattered

Argument was before that the better manager of him and Wenger would leave a legacy. I think Arsenal while also struggling got the better team

It's the same cycle everytime.

First year they put some effort in and make a decent season.

Second year they find some hardship and starts to down tools.

The culture is just rotten to the core.

Ragnick was spot on. They need an open heart surgery.

Garnacho looks like a talent. He’ll probably keep improving until he’s offered a £200k/w contract at which point he’ll follow in the footsteps of Anthony, Rashford, Martial, Sancho etc and stink the place out for 6 years.

Â