Manchester United

BOF

12 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

This capitulation makes great viewing.

They've got some easier league fixtures coming up that might paper over the cracks, but they look awful even when they win.

Only Luton on Saturday. 

After the break they have Everton away. They're picking up now and I can see Calvert Lewin giving their backline issues. Next weekend they're at Newcastle straight after going to Istanbul. Even with injuries Newcastle are a very tough team to beat at home.

Then in December it's Liverpool away, Chelsea home, West Ham and Forest away and us at home. Based on this season they'll win two and lose three of those.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Because he likes conceding penalties?

Maguire somehow got away with a massive handball after about 20 seconds. I guess the VAR TV screens weren’t ready. 

Theirs was a penalty based on current criteria but bizarre how VAR just ignored Maguire shoving the defender out of the way to get the header in the first place. Was a more obvious foul than the one right at the end when he hit the crossbar after getting in ahead of defender.

Yeah Varane is done totally. Him and Casemiro are prime candidates to be playing in Saudi Arabia in six months.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Was a more obvious foul than the one right at the end when he hit the crossbar after getting in ahead of defender.

That was bizarre, he got booked too. Was it for the “foul” or for gobbing off?

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah Varane is done totally. Him and Casemiro are prime candidates to be playing in Saudi Arabia in six months.

100% agree

Edited by Genie

It's probably just that Opta started recording Champions League data from 2003/04 onwards.  They were only founded as a company in the late 90s and were a small company who only had the manpower to Premier League stats back then. 

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Bruno taking the piss out of the Copenhagen fans after their penalty put them 3-2 up. Weren't laughing at the end were you, you cocky little shit.

Garnacho also did the “shush” towards them, haha, couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch.

Without going full Souness it really does sum up the characters at the club at the minute. They think going 3-2 away at Copenhagen is a huge statement along with Harry scoring a header against Faroe Islands or whoever the **** it is.

3-2 away from home, you score but you're down to ten men. You just collect yourselves and get your game heads on don't you?

They're all a bunch of clowns.

• Like 2

I can't think of a single game they won that they deserved to win. Wolves, Burnley, Sheffield United, Fulham, Forest were all games where they were either lucky to win or were dominated by the opposition (which is a wild thing to say when you look at who's the opposition). Been papering over cracks all season, and it's set to continue with Luton coming up. It's good for us though, I want to face them with ETH still in charge.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I hope one side effect of Saudi ownership of Newcastle and stake in Chelsea is that they don't bail Man U out with their shite by paying like £120 million for Casemiro and Varane

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I hope one side effect of Saudi ownership of Newcastle and stake in Chelsea is that they don't bail Man U out with their shite by paying like £120 million for Casemiro and Varane

Wouldn't hold your breath, Liverpool got over 60m for Henderson and Fabiano and both had terrible seasons.

Those two are multiple CL wins for Real Madrid so would be big names to continue growing that league in terms of worldwide appeal.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Â