Manchester United

BOF

10 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

It did and his defence was basically "Sure I treat women like dirt but that doesn't mean I'm a rapist"

I guess the difference is that his case was actually tested in court. You kind of have to just accept that justice can work both ways.

With Greenwood it didn't go to court because he's managed to worm his way back into the girls life and avoid the consequences.

38 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I guess the difference is that his case was actually tested in court. You kind of have to just accept that justice can work both ways.

With Greenwood it didn't go to court because he's managed to worm his way back into the girls life and avoid the consequences.

Worm his way in breaking the conditions of his bail no less.

1 hour ago, His Name Is Death said:

The contradiction goes away when you treat his 'good causes' for what they are: PR exercises.

Nah, Rashford doesn't have to do any of that. He's doing it because he believes in it, not for PR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

there's also the greenwood recording....

i can see why other footballers would defend mendy, or at least if not defending mendy support some of the things depay said

cant see any reason why anyone would defend or support greenwood, the recording is horrific

Let's be honest, when we're talking about footballers and their social media reactions, we're not assessing the in-depth deliberations of the finest minds of our generation here.  I doubt many of them gave it much more thought than "Oh he's been found innocent [I know] so he didn't do it, and he's got a chance to get his career back".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

there's also the greenwood recording....

i can see why other footballers would defend mendy, or at least if not defending mendy support some of the things depay said

cant see any reason why anyone would defend or support greenwood, the recording is horrific

And another thing to remember, if she’s gone to the trouble / risk of recording it that time how many others were there? 

It could be dozens. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Let's be honest, when we're talking about footballers and their social media reactions, we're not assessing the in-depth deliberations of the finest minds of our generation here.  I doubt many of them gave it much more thought than "Oh he's been found innocent [I know] so he didn't do it, and he's got a chance to get his career back".

It's true that they're also mostly morons, but I think it would be a mistake to assume that they're not conditioned by locker room chat and the easy availability of sex into really dangerous ways of thinking. 

• Like 1

Manchester United’s Mason Greenwood return plan included list of ‘hostile’ figures - The Athletic

According to sources with knowledge of United’s planning, who remain anonymous because they are not authorised to speak publicly, the club’s preparations for Greenwood’s return also included an assessment of the expected sentiment of external figures, listing individual football pundits, journalists and politicians and stating whether they would be for or against Greenwood’s reintegration. The planning divided these people into categories to the effect of “supportive”, “open-minded” or “hostile”. The club’s document listed a series of domestic abuse charities assumed to be “hostile”.

grim. 

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

An unnamed Arsenal midfielder?

I was thinking from the listed journalists, politicians and pundits.

Edit: Maybe Matt le Tissier could come up with a good conspiracy theory about it where Greenwood wasn’t even in the room when the recording happened.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

It goes further than just that. They had a plan in place about how Ten Hag was answer questions about it as time passed, they even had it planned out how they would photograph the word removed in media of training etc. They had a whole stage-managed path to this all being forgotten about which went to the smallest facet of football engaging with media etc.

**** disgusting and proof that the entire club is **** rotten.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am waiting to hear the official voice of United in the medias opinion on this

Gary Neville has an opinion on everything else

“I think he’s been punished enough” is my prediction.

22 hours ago, wishywashy said:

What the **** is wrong with people. DOMESTIC ABUSE CHARITIES AS HOSTILE???

Its like something you would see on The Office or Mr Burns in The Simpsons

Not from an actual real organisation

• Like 1

Â