Manchester United

BOF

Arsenal have been bottling big games for about 7 years now. So should have seen it coming really.

Yes but they didn't bottle it at Dortmund. To be fair a win against Liverpool and Dortmund and defeat at United isn't bad. Its not like they were blown away by United like United were at City..

I'm classing big games as QF SF F, and title games , bunch of mincers in effect with no balls.

1. The Dortmund game was bigger than the United one. Loose that and they are struggling to stay in the competition.

2. The United one wasn't a title game.

Not only that, they had played 3 massive games in a week and had been disrupted by 4 players getting the flu.

It is no shame that they didn't win 3 out of 3.

It's still not a bad team, is it?  Sometimes triumph comes out of adversity too, this might be where Fellaini finally starts to look like the midfield powerhouse he was at Everton.

He'll need to. No it's not a bad team but then this is Man U. It won't be a bad team, but will it be a Man U team? Time will tell.

Maybe something along these lines.

369c64100eec1f30dbf3d050e2050540.png

I think Cleverley is certain to play. Neither Jones or Fellaini are strong enough on the ball to play in the middle together. Cleverley adds great mobility and is good at keeping possession with quick 1-2 balls. Personally I would have Cleverley and Jones in the midfield as Cleverley also thrives off have mobility around him. Fellaini is just too slow on and off the ball and shows no urgency to get the ball moving. Slows the tempo down completely and stunts the whole play. Cleverley's movement is vital to United's play and even his off the ball runs open up space for the front four to attack. Something which Fellaini doesn't offer. 

£100m in the last 3 months thanks to their 12 new sponsorship deals...

you've got to love that FFP rule

That figure is just insane. No team even get's close to that, not Liverpool, not Arsenal, not even Chelsea.

£100m in the last 3 months thanks to their 12 new sponsorship deals...

you've got to love that FFP rule

That figure is just insane. No team even get's close to that, not Liverpool, not Arsenal, not even Chelsea.

Manchester City have a bigger sponsorship deal, as do Paris St Germain.  Okay, both of those two happen to be the owners brother in law doing the 'sponsorship' but it all comes back to that great rant by Matthew Said about how multi billionaires are using football to buy glory for reasons which are often more than meets the eye. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, they are struggling big time. Slumming it in mid table with Villa.

The Glazers will be shitting themselves if it starts to look like they may miss out on CL football.

They'll majorly back him or sack him in January.

I think Moyes will be allowed to make a large signing in January to eliminate the potential risk of missing champs league. Man U would lose a lot of money if they missed out so it would be seen as an investment I guess. 

Wow, they are struggling big time. Slumming it in mid table with Villa.

The Glazers will be shitting themselves if it starts to look like they may miss out on CL football.

They'll majorly back him or sack him in January.

Don't think they will sack him in January, but I think he will be gone in the summer.

He just seems to have been overawed by the job, he really does look out of his depth.

But then if he does eventually go in the summer who replaces him?

Klopp?

Simeone?

Heynckes?

It is now officially panic time at old trafford. If you read  earlier in the thread I was of the belief they would eventually come good and everything would be alright in the end. I'm not sure now to be honest. Possibly 5th place now.

Big players didn't want to move to Man. United in the summer so why would they move in January? I get the feeling a lot are watching to see how Moyes does first, nothing worse than joining a sinking ship.

First time tonight I've thought they could well miss out on the top 4. They just look so average (that's despite Rooney being in great form) and the fear factor has certainly gone from playing them.

They need Carrick and RVP back quick. Predictably that will probably be against us.

Also how on earth did Leverkusen lose 5 nil at home to them?! Given how well they're doing in the bundesliga Hyypia must've got his gameplan majorly wrong.

Â