Manchester United

BOF

Saying you're prepared to give a manger time and actually doing so when put to the test is quite a different thing in this fickle game. A season or two is not that long with a bit of perspective, but when you watch a team two times a week and you pull your hair out on a regular basis any sort of reasonable mindset is very difficult to maintain. I think many of the lifetime fans will start to grow impatient if their form continues past say a month or two from now. And if they are out of the top four in Jan and have to endure another unsatisfactory transfer window I think many heads will explode.

Bannan's too good for them.

Con has stated in the Bannan thread that Bannan will become the type of player that we can no longer afford so if we won't be able to afford him then neither will Man U.  ;)

Liverpool have still managed to attract big players despite being nowhere near the top of the league. If utd were 4-6th in January I don't expect they'll find it much harder to land their targets than if they were 1st of 2nd.

As said above, they'll need far more than £5om to sort out their squad and I'm sure they have it. They could easily go out and spend £100m+ on 2 or 3 players without it doing much to upset the balance sheet.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

Just done some research. Clearly it's bullshit, and someone out there is mischief making. Nothing to see there.

As for tonights game I can see a draw in Donetsk. Shaktar have lost that Armenian with a really long name who is supposed to be quite good, and Willian has left for Chelsea, so they are good, but not as good as last year.

Liverpool have still managed to attract big players despite being nowhere near the top of the league. If utd were 4-6th in January I don't expect they'll find it much harder to land their targets than if they were 1st of 2nd.

As said above, they'll need far more than £5om to sort out their squad and I'm sure they have it. They could easily go out and spend £100m+ on 2 or 3 players without it doing much to upset the balance sheet.

Think it's strange to say something like that when they won the league a few months ago with a 10 point margin.

They need some tweaking no doubt about it, not least to get some fresh energy to remove the ghost of Ferguson and his old squad, but let's say they got Özil and nobody would have said anything at all.

That's all it takes, one superstar. If they potentially fielded: De Gea, Evra, Vidic, Jones, Rafael, Kagawa, Özil, Carrick, Valencia, Rooney and van Persie their team would look incredibly good. Then on the bench they would have Rio Ferdinand, Nani, Marouane Fellaini, Smalling, Büttner, Cleverley, Welbeck, Ashley Young, Javier Hernandez and so on.

On the 31st of August every Arsenal-fan were crying in anger, then they got Özil and won some games on the trot. Again, all it takes it one player to make a huge difference. That being said:

Playing Giggs is a disaster, he has played way too much for his age and ability. Rio Ferdinand is past it, finally, he is not up to the tempo anymore and needs to be replaced with a new player. Also, the Moyes has to remember that he manages United now and not Everton - he seems way to happy with a draw against decent teams.

But, United not winning the league is very good for the league. It would be wonderful if Spurs or Arsenal did, even though I cannot stand any of those teams. Beats City or Chelsea though, that's for sure. Liverpool? Never gonna happen!

United fans moaning about a draw in Ukraine. bunch of idiots havent a clue about football and need to do research as Chelsea got slaughtered at this stage last season there and teams usually struggle there

Â