VillaGoMarching

But levys going to price him out of a move. 70m for a 29 year old with one left on his contract seems reasonable to me

If i was bayern id say to harry look we are not paying more than this amount. Force a movw out or we will come in for you on a free next summer

• Like 1

Thats such a wierd statement. No one speaks like that about another clubs player.  You would think Levy would cut his nose off to spite his face now. If Man City had done that with Grealish we would have gone to war. But its that stupid there is sonething else going on there. I can imagine Levy telling Kane he will have to tell the spurs fans he wants to leave. Kane refusing and then them coming up with this situ. So that Levy can drive a hard bargain in the media and he then comes out smelling less of shit  . 

Or am i going a bit Eluko here? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Thats such a wierd statement. No one speaks like that about another clubs player.  You would think Levy would cut his nose off to spite his face now. If Man City had done that with Grealish we would have gone to war. But its that stupid there is sonething else going on there. I can imagine Levy telling Kane he will have to tell the spurs fans he wants to leave. Kane refusing and then them coming up with this situ. So that Levy can drive a hard bargain in the media and he then comes out smelling less of shit  . 

Or am i going a bit Eluko here? 

Nope

Don't know how bayern continuously get away with it, they're underhanded as ****, they flaunt the FFP rules constantly (they're part owned by audi and have a ludicrous sleeve sponsorship deal) they've killed German football, they've put all their guys across the boards of world football and no one bat's an eyelid because it's like they're considered the lesser evil or no one outright cares

Their influence on football from the shadows is absolutely **** monstrous yet somehow it's still in the shadows, they're the absolute epitome of a wolf in sheep's clothing

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nope

Don't know how bayern continuously get away with it, they're underhanded as ****, they flaunt the FFP rules constantly (they're part owned by audi and have a ludicrous sleeve sponsorship deal) they've killed German football, they've put all their guys across the boards of world football and no one bat's an eyelid because it's like they're considered the lesser evil or no one outright cares

Their influence on football from the shadows is absolutely **** monstrous yet somehow it's still in the shadows, they're the absolute epitome of a wolf in sheep's clothing

Well in that case i am team Levy. Hate him usually but if they think they can just take Englands captain because they are Bayern then they picked a fight with the wrong man. He will stick another 30 million on him now . 

On 13/07/2023 at 22:25, villa4europe said:

Yeah I thought about thr ex players but they don't seem enough to make spurs the 3rd or 4th biggest club over there

Maybe they've done some pre seasons tuff and a load of donkey work there, maybe their popularity there is actually exaggerated

Maybe the yanks jsut like supporting teams who never win anything

Levy in a roundabout way has done well not to sell the naming rights to the stadium so whenever the NFL or even boxing is held there 'Tottenham Hotspur Stadium' gets a zillion mentions.  All the American fans not into soccer will probably get a passing interest in them through that.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

But levys going to price him out of a move. 70m for a 29 year old with one left on his contract seems reasonable to me

If i was bayern id say to harry look we are not paying more than this amount. Force a movw out or we will come in for you on a free next summer

Another better younger and cheaper striker will turn up before that. City took Haaland over him and Oshimen and Vlahovic are better value long term

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Well in that case i am team Levy. Hate him usually but if they think they can just take Englands captain because they are Bayern then they picked a fight with the wrong man. He will stick another 30 million on him now . 

Maybe Bayern can offer 3 million and some version of Onomah

**** Levy and hopefully Bayern humiliate them in this transfer

13 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Don't care about Bayern, care less for Spuds...

If Kane goes to Germany it weakens Spuds = good for Villa.

Unless they spend the £70-80m well and strengthen their team overall 🤷‍♂️

Edited by ender4

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Unless they spend the £70-80m well and strengthen their team overall 🤷‍♂️

Selling kane and appointing ange I'd guess next season would be a write off no matter who they buy

Green and yellow scarves will be out for levy

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Selling kane and appointing ange I'd guess next season would be a write off no matter who they buy

Green and yellow scarves will be out for levy

There’s a chance that Ange is the new Wenger? 🤷‍♂️😜

On 15/07/2023 at 10:59, Rds1983 said:

Doesn't seem to have helped Rugby League establish itself Stateside. 

It was never intended to. The RL rebranding (and switch to a summer season) was all about attracting young British fans. 

I think it's worked, to a degree (around these parts, anyway). Personally I think some of the names chosen were a bit silly. 'Cougars' was way too American for a place like Keighley, but I guess they liked the alliteration. Bradford Bulls makes a bit more sense, and is also alliterative, although odd, given that Bradford Northern's badge always had a ram on it! Leeds Rhinos? Meh. 

Anyway, back to the Tottingham Hotspurs Soccer Team... 

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It was never intended to. The RL rebranding (and switch to a summer season) was all about attracting young British fans. 

I think it's worked, to a degree (around these parts, anyway). Personally I think some of the names chosen were a bit silly. 'Cougars' was way too American for a place like Keighley, but I guess they liked the alliteration. Bradford Bulls makes a bit more sense, and is also alliterative, although odd, given that Bradford Northern's badge always had a ram on it! Leeds Rhinos? Meh. 

Anyway, back to the Tottingham Hotspurs Soccer Team... 

Having previously lived in Headingley and Riddlesden, I'm not convinced it did help them connect with younger fans.

Â