VillaGoMarching

45 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I honestly don't think anyone but Kane would get in our side from them. Son probably but he looks on a huge decline too and has always been reliant on his pace to be as good as he was and Ramsey is young and getting better each season. I thought Romero was a brilliant defender in the making but he's gone backwards.

As long as we make good decisions in the market this summer, we can surpass Spurs next season and beyond. Even if they appoint a very good manager and buy some good players, it is very likely that Kane leaves either this summer or next, so I'd say we are in the ascendency at the moment. I just hope we don't f*ck it as Villa have done so many times in the past in a similar position.

The thin one is a good player 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

I honestly don't think anyone but Kane would get in our side from them. Son probably but he looks on a huge decline too and has always been reliant on his pace to be as good as he was and Ramsey is young and getting better each season. I thought Romero was a brilliant defender in the making but he's gone backwards.

As long as we make good decisions in the market this summer, we can surpass Spurs next season and beyond. Even if they appoint a very good manager and buy some good players, it is very likely that Kane leaves either this summer or next, so I'd say we are in the ascendency at the moment. I just hope we don't f*ck it as Villa have done so many times in the past in a similar position.

I think hojberg would and son/kuluveski on form instead of bailey but tahts literally it (of course kane)

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's touch and go for me.  Luiz and hojberg not much in it for me 

Kamara i agree he is next level

Luiz is much superior to Hojbjerg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's touch and go for me.  Luiz and hojberg not much in it for me 

Kamara i agree he is next level

Bentancur and Luiz is the more like for like with how they set up.

There's so many holes in that Spurs team.

Keeper- Both are old and Lloris is going. They've been linked to Raya but Man. United want him aswell and Brentford will get 30m + out of someone.

Defence....Where do you start with this. Dier, Davies, Sanchez, Tangana, Perisic, Lenglet all old or not good enough. Romero decent but erratic with his very on the edge David Luiz style defending. 

Strikers- Kane 12 months left, Son lost a yard of pace and was barely seen in second half so I think he's on permanent decline now. Richarlison one goal all season and Danjuma dosen't really look good enough for top end premier league.

Need a miracle to improve on all that in even two transfer windows. They'll be in the wilderness for a good 18 months if not more.

• Like 1

On our charge to try and get a European place, this lot was the team I was least worried about.

They have became a real shit show since they lost Conte and there is a major rebuild needed in that team.

Next season will be very interesting for them! 😄

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

On our charge to try and get a European place, this lot was the team I was least worried about.

They have became a real shit show since they lost Conte and there is a major rebuild needed in that team.

Even more interesting if the lose Kane 

Poorly built squad. Not many players with resale value. Not a lot of youth players on the bench or on the way up. Star player running out his contract. No director of football.

Shiny stadium though. 

• Like 2

Them and Everton were the teams I was so jealous of when we were relegated. Holding onto their premier league ever present records, new stadiums on the way, owners spending money and good managers. Really does show how football shifts and getting relegated is sometimes not as bad as losing your way as a club, the rot comes from within and is almost impossible to get rid of without wholesale change. 

I still think there's a great player in there in Son and I would love it in theory if Emery could get hold of him and get him back to where he was. Unfortunately they will never sell a player for a fair price so it's pointless doing business with them. Which is what worries me about the Lo Celso links, is there any chance of a deal where Spurs don't walk away thinking they've swindled us?

44 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Poorly built squad. Not many players with resale value. Not a lot of youth players on the bench or on the way up. Star player running out his contract. No director of football.

Shiny stadium though. 

They've had Spence and Rodon on loan at Rennes. Rodon hasn't progressed at all so even with their CB issues feels like someone they'll cash in and sell to a Forest or Sheffield United. Will be interesting if Spence actually gets a proper chance under next manager.

From looking quickly at their forums they seem to rate Destiny Udogie who's 20 and an LB who's played 30 + times for Udinese this season so that's one they need to get integrated into first team squad next season.

Beyond that they don't have many prospects at all in final third of the pitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

Them and Everton were the teams I was so jealous of when we were relegated. Holding onto their premier league ever present records, new stadiums on the way, owners spending money and good managers. Really does show how football shifts and getting relegated is sometimes not as bad as losing your way as a club, the rot comes from within and is almost impossible to get rid of without wholesale change. 

I still think there's a great player in there in Son and I would love it in theory if Emery could get hold of him and get him back to where he was. Unfortunately they will never sell a player for a fair price so it's pointless doing business with them. Which is what worries me about the Lo Celso links, is there any chance of a deal where Spurs don't walk away thinking they've swindled us?

If they just quote a ridiculous price for Lo Celso they'll just have to keep loaning him out until there's hardly any value left, same for Ndombele so works both ways. Napoli have a 30 million euros option to buy so Lo Celso surely won't be more than that, probably in 20-25m bracket.

With the Ali deal I think it was 10 games he had to feature in for Everton until that triggered a significant amount so Everton quickly realised that wasn't a good idea and stopped playing him.

In 2017-18 he was a 60m + asset which less than five years late was basically given away for free.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

This, they had the Scum Sky hype but **** off they offered nothing in recent years

Embarrassing they were up for starting the Super League 

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

You can almost correlate their decline from the moment they sold off Trippier.  That was a baffling decision. 

Dembele actually. They've yet to replace him. They would have had a much better chance to win the CL if he stayed too 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

You can almost correlate their decline from the moment they sold off Trippier.  That was a baffling decision. 

Crazy decision. Trippier has spoken about it before and said the club needed the money at the time and it was rushed through. 

On another subject Forster must be one of the worst keepers in the PL.

I thought Conte’s comments were poor form at the time but everything he said has since been so so evident. 

They might still scrape a European spot ahead of us and Brentford but at the time Conte lost his rag they were fully challenging for the top 4, seems he was the only thing holding this fragile lot together perhaps.

Â