VillaGoMarching

BS1LE_DIMAAqQY8.jpg

Poor Holtby can't even make the b*tch squad. Would certainly take him at Villa.

Edit: Also where is that other chap who plays left back for them?

Edited by Shillzz

Assou-Ekotto? Not in the frame either.

I heard that he doesn't actually like playing football.

He only does it because he's good at it (and the money obviously helps). No idea if that's true.

Question to TartarugaJones:

What is the situation with Holtby? Is he part of AVB's plans?

He only does it because he's good at it (and the money obviously helps). No idea if that's true.

Aye, that be the one.

I've heard that before too, I actually quite like him for it. At least he's honest and says it how it is instead of hiding behind any false pretense of "ambition" or other shit like that.

funny character BAE. has no interest in football and has no shame to admit it, read he even takes bus home sometimes after games. listened interesting interview few weeks ago and really hates France and spent 3 weeks of his holidays in Cameroon helping charities

If they play that "second team" against us in the league cup, think bookies would still have them as favourites.. Really strong squad, add anothe striker and they could be right up there...

I don't understand the point people keep making about a second striker. AVB only plays one up top, so are they really going to splash big money on a back up?

According to their wiki page, they have 24 players, 9 of which are "home-grown", with 1 (possibly 2) being u21. They are also signing Lamela, Eriksen and Chiriches, leaving them with 27 players. All excluding Bale, looks like they will need to leave someone unregistered, or let Holtby and/or Sigurdsson go. I don't like Spurs that much and I think I'm trying to find reasons to bash them, and it's getting a lot harder :(

On a side note, John Hartson reckons Bale shouldn't be fined, and if he is it would be ridiculous. Why shouldn't he be fined? He refused to turn up to his job! If anyone in a normal job had done that, or Hartson refused to turn up to his punditry, they'd get fined instantly, or possibly fired, why is it different for footballers. I really hope Tottenham fine him.

First off I slightly disagree with BOF's team. The CM can be any three of four, so the this team isn't written in stone, it will depend on opponents, however the rest, if fit I think is accurate:

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose

Sandro Paulinho Dembele

Lamela Soldado Chadli

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose

Paulinho Dembele

Lamela Eriksen Chadli

Soldado 

Second string 4231

Friedel

Naughton Dawson Chiriches Fryers

Capoue Sandro

Townsend Holtby Lennon

Defoe 

Squad: Adebayor, Gylfi, Carroll

As far as Holtby is concerned I think he's got an uphill struggle to prove himself, and personally I wouldn't be surprised if he went out on loan.

Edited by TartarugaJones

According to their wiki page, they have 24 players, 9 of which are "home-grown", with 1 (possibly 2) being u21. They are also signing Lamela, Eriksen and Chiriches, leaving them with 27 players. All excluding Bale, looks like they will need to leave someone unregistered, or let Holtby and/or Sigurdsson go. I don't like Spurs that much and I think I'm trying to find reasons to bash them, and it's getting a lot harder :(

On a side note, John Hartson reckons Bale shouldn't be fined, and if he is it would be ridiculous. Why shouldn't he be fined? He refused to turn up to his job! If anyone in a normal job had done that, or Hartson refused to turn up to his punditry, they'd get fined instantly, or possibly fired, why is it different for footballers. I really hope Tottenham fine him.

Come on, are people this naive?

Are you seriously comparing a footballer to someone who has a normal job? The sentence itself contradicts you, as footballers obviously aren't normal folk. Some would make around 200k a week to kick a ball, 4 times what a normal to high earner makes a year. Bale is a Tottenham-player on paper, yes, but we all know he is going to Real Madrid. So why be so petty that you fine him for not showing up to practice? They are getting 90M for him, a figure higher than some countries' GDP, do you even think Spurs want him there so anything can happen to him? Imagine if Assou-Ekotto tackles him and he breaks his leg and so on. This deal has reached its final steps, it's the biggest deal in the history of football, all that's left is sour grapes (in many ways warranted) from Tottenham to show that they are in fact running the show here, to keep their dignity and so on. Bale is gone, what does it matter if he spends a couple of days away from the other players and manager? It would be totally weird for him to be there, just imagine it yourself. Hey guys, I'm the best player around here and now I am going to the biggest club in the world to play in the Champions League, enjoy playing Thursdays in the Europa League! Like I said, not one person at Tottenham would want him there either.

You ask "why is it any different for footballers?", well, I think you already know the answer to that question so I don't understand why you are raising it.

I'm more hoping that the deal falls through, Spurs are left with a very happy player and not the incoming bundle of cash they expected to receive to pay for their recent additions.

That would just make my summer.

Apparently Spurs are quite happy to keep hold of Bale.  They'd allocated the transfer budget this summer anyway.

And that is from the world's most reliable ITK source, ever.

Â