Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

if you don't like living in a Monarchy , I guess you are free to leave ? .. or do a Cromwell  .. but that's a bit trickier these days

Edited by tonyh29

Any clearing in the woods who gets excited about the latest in a long line of lucky gob shites who are fortunate enough to be born into the royal family.

There was a "Review the papers" bit on one of the R4 weekend programmes, and some American-born woman journalist quoted an old lady who had been interviewed and said something like: "I'm not remotely interested, it's just a baby; millions of people have babies every day, it's no big deal".

The journo then said: "Well, all I can say is that she must be the only person in the country who feels that way!!!" 

What world do these people live in?

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 4

The monarchy I don't so much mind, it's the press's reaction to every little thing they do that's i find annoying, and quite embarrassing.

The anecdote aove (the american journo) is just typical, and shows just how ignorant and/or misleading the press are when reporting stories on them.

• Like 1

When did it stop being the case that you can become King by killing the exisiting monarch?

I think they plugged that loophole.

As far as I know though, you can still invite the Dutch to invade.

When did it stop being the case that you can become King by killing the exisiting monarch?

When some called Wan was very nearly accepted as the future King

• Like 1

Any clearing in the woods who gets excited about the latest in a long line of lucky gob shites who are fortunate enough to be born into the royal family.

There was a "Review the papers" bit on one of the R4 weekend programmes, and some American-born woman journalist quoted an old lady who had been interviewed and said something like: "I'm not remotely interested, it's just a baby; millions of people have babies every day, it's no big deal".

The journo then said: "Well, all I can say is that she must be the only person in the country who feels that way!!!" 

What world do these people live in?

Wasn't that old lady the Queens cousin as well?

People who think they are being cool and edgy with their vile anti-monarchy opinions.

The duchess is giving birth to a future king or queen. Of course it's going to be main news you numpties

if you don't like living in a Monarchy , I guess you are free to leave ?

Ah yes, a clear example of a Daily Mail mark right here.

ah the old daily Mail retort  , how original

no idea why you don't quote my full post though , which probably would have showed the context in which my post was made   ... still enjoy your moment :wacko:

People who think they are being cool and edgy with their vile anti-monarchy opinions.

The duchess is giving birth to a future king or queen. Of course it's going to be main news you numpties

What? What opinions are vile and edgy?  :crylaugh:

When some called Wan was very nearly accepted as the future King

**** hell I'm stupid, you just had me Googling for King Wan.

• Like 1

I don't think I'm remotely cool or edgy.

I'd just like to see the back of those inbred overprivileged anachronisms, and the disgusting sycophancy of the media towards them. 

• Like 4

I'm fairly apathetic towards the royal family.

They have their pros and cons. The hysteria relating to weddings, births etc is hilarious though. It doesn't piss me off, I just laugh it off.

Â