Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People who close windows when it's boiling hot at night.

'Sure is hot in here. Better close the window to stop that cool draft getting in!'

How hot is it at night?

Doesn't it drop down to the lower 20's at night?

Just finished work. I work on the railway and was on the last train from London to Birmingham this evening. Some bloke had been out on the drink all day, fallen asleep on the train and woke up in Birmingham when he meant to get off at High Wycombe.  It seems that somehow that was my fault.  <_<

Just finished work. I work on the railway and was on the last train from London to Birmingham this evening. Some bloke had been out on the drink all day, fallen asleep on the train and woke up in Birmingham when he meant to get off at High Wycombe. It seems that somehow that was my fault. <_<

There's no conductor?

You mean I could pay for a ticket from London to High Wycombe and feign drunkenness to get a cheaper ride to Birmingham?

• Like 1

Just finished work. I work on the railway and was on the last train from London to Birmingham this evening. Some bloke had been out on the drink all day, fallen asleep on the train and woke up in Birmingham when he meant to get off at High Wycombe. It seems that somehow that was my fault. <_<

There's no conductor?

You mean I could pay for a ticket from London to High Wycombe and feign drunkenness to get a cheaper ride to Birmingham?

no Americans get  charged double for saying "where in Australia are we "

• Like 1

There's no conductor?

Dunno, he had been on the last but one train and was standing on the platform when we arrived.  He is still standing there now as far as I am aware because the next train back to High Wycombe is at 06:15.  

Still, it's a warm evening, it's almost 20 degrees C even at this hour so he wont freeze to death. 

waking my wife up by trying to cook a post cricket /pub burger at 3:30

I can live with the usual " you smell like a pub " stuff .. but casting doubt on my ability to cook at 3:30 after a heavy sesh is like calling into question my manhood

• Like 3

The Dropkick Murphy's. I wish they'd just stop it.

There is only one thing I find more difficult to understand than The Dropkick Murphy's, and that is people who like The Dropkick Murphy's.

Which one was that?  Was it the one where they all sounded dead angry about something and had the bit with the violins? 

• Like 3

I **** hate the Dropkick Murphys, with an intensity that can only come from being a 30-ish guy from Massachusetts who is at best apathetic about punk and who really **** hates the whole Boston I'm-Irish-even-though-I-can't-name-a-single-relative-who-lived-in-Ireland-after-1900 thing, who had every **** Sully douchebag at UMass for 4 years continuously raving about them.

I'm just thankful I'd given up on WAAF by 2004, and so was spared that **** Tessie song.

• Like 1

Â