Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Maria Sugarpova

I love her...

I'm sweet on her too.

Ok I want the world to know I resisted posting this but now I realise I have a problem and I will seek help :)

• Like 1

Wine snobbery. It's bullshit, isn't it?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/jun/23/wine-tasting-junk-science-analysis

Yep. Thought so.

These judges are not amateurs either. They read like a who's who of the American wine industry

Now re-do the experiment with some Europeans.

Wine snobbery. It's bullshit, isn't it?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/jun/23/wine-tasting-junk-science-analysis

Yep. Thought so.

These judges are not amateurs either. They read like a who's who of the American wine industry

Now re-do the experiment with some Europeans.

Fair point. I missed that bit. Maybe it's true you only see what you want to see :).

On the iPod thing. What annoys me is when I do put it on shuffle and realise I hate 90% of what's on there. I put albums on it where I might like one or two of the songs. How do you guys make sure it plays what you like? Are you really that selective that you only put tracks you like on it and not full albums, or are you heavily into playlists (which are a chore to set up initially). As someone who is 'meh' towards music in general I'd be interested in how you guys get the most from your iPod!

On the iPod thing. What annoys me is when I do put it on shuffle and realise I hate 90% of what's on there. I put albums on it where I might like one or two of the songs. How do you guys make sure it plays what you like? Are you really that selective that you only put tracks you like on it and not full albums, or are you heavily into playlists (which are a chore to set up initially). As someone who is 'meh' towards music in general I'd be interested in how you guys get the most from your iPod!

By not being 'meh' towards music in general. :mellow:

• Like 1

By not being 'meh' towards music in general. :mellow:

OK but that doesn't mean you like every track ever. So are you selective with what goes onto the iPod in the first place or do you use playlists or do you selectively sync with your desktop iTunes library leaving album tracks there etc etc. How do you avoid listening to what you don't like from artists that you do like, who might be in your library?

out of curiosity, what are the advantages of an ipod over a standard generic MP3 player?

Genuine question. My nippers have Zen MP3's and they appear to do everything and do it perfectly reasonably, the eldest now wants to spend about £150 'upgrading' to an ipod. For the life of me, other than the name I'm failing to see what they do for the extra £100. 

There is very little in my 2000-odd CD collection that I "don't like".

The odd track on some albums, sure, so I left them off the mp3 player.

Sometimes I'm just in the wrong mood to enjoy what comes up, but that's down to my mood, not the music. In those cases, I just turn it off.

I find shuffling anything (music wise) makes for a bit of a mess in all honesty.

I also find it very difficult to compilate a series of songs into a sequence that i'll enjoy.

Albums tend to be constructed in a way that gives a real flavour for the artist in that particular moment, and I can never re-create that through my own playlists. 

• Like 1

out of curiosity, what are the advantages of an ipod over a standard generic MP3 player?

Genuine question. My nippers have Zen MP3's and they appear to do everything and do it perfectly reasonably, the eldest now wants to spend about £150 'upgrading' to an ipod. For the life of me, other than the name I'm failing to see what they do for the extra £100. 

You get Itunes, oh the joy.

You buy a bit of image/brand, and I guess if you get the touch-screen one you can play with apps from the store

Yeah, must admit, I haven't been listening on shuffle much at all for a while now, for that reason.

I mostly listen to whole albums, in the car commuting to and from work.

Yeah, must admit, I haven't been listening on shuffle much at all for a while now, for that reason.

I mostly listen to whole albums, in the car commuting to and from work.

Shuffle.

Meh.

I like the scroll-wheel, very intuitive.

iTunes sync function (I use an older version of iTunes).

Most importantly, in my experience it is very hardy and will (probably) last you a long time. So if you have a tendency (like me :P ) to fall asleep on top of your music player, it's a good purchase.

Sound quality - although admittedly this has as much to do with how shit my previous MP3 player was as it has with the iPod's acoustics.

All in all, I'm very pleased with my iPod :) despite the price - and FWIW it's the only Apple product I own.

iPod Shuffle. If I've got 3000+ tracks how can 2 tracks from the same 10-12 track album be played after 1 another? This happens very often. It pisses me off even when it's one of my favorite albums.

Actually, it would be more suspiciously unlikely if this NEVER happened.

But on that note, mine once randomly played solo tracks by David Crosby, Stephen Stills and Graham Nash one after another.

"Customer is always right" is just an attitude to be adopted initially (i.e. don't be instantly dismissive), it's not a conclusion to arrive at after they've explained how stupid they are.

• Like 1

Â